• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Velcro shell holders vs mounted types

Don, I didn't take it disrespectful at all, no worries......just having a conversation.

oli700 said:
its because it gets 170 degrees in the cab.....stick Velcro to your firearm if you like, makes no difference to me.

Sounds like this would make a nice challange oli.... lowest setting on my oven is 170°F :twisted:

oli700 said:
Don, I didn't take it disrespectful at all, no worries......just having a conversation.

Much appreciated :) I would be interested in some type of scientific test.

aksavanaman said:
Sounds like this would make a nice challange oli.... lowest setting on my oven is 170°F :twisted:

I would be put outside without any guns or food, If I tried any experiment in the over...LOL

If you try it, let us know how it worked.

-don

Stag1 said:
I would be put outside without any guns or food, If I tried any experiment in the over...LOL

If you try it, let us know how it worked.

-don

I'll need to convince the wife to allow me to bake my shotgun receiver inside.... :lol: ...this is starting to sound like it's not such a good idea :D

AK

You are in my head but I was going to say we should change rigs and we could torture them. You can drag the Mesa behind a cutter through the Bering Sea all summer and I'll leave your Velcro rig in my truck all summer ......I bet I win. You can even keep it and freeze it all winter, hide it in a salmon , let a bear eat it, shat it out and I bet its still good to go LOL

Those are light sticks.....protein bars lol

oli700 said:
AK

You are in my head but I was going to say we should change rigs and we could torture them. You can drag the Mesa behind a cutter through the Bering Sea all summer and I'll leave your Velcro rig in my truck all summer ......I bet I win. You can even keep it and freeze it all winter, hide it in a salmon , let a bear eat it, shat it out and I bet its still good to go LOL

I better get a rep point for doing all that... and after you get your beat up Mesa back that may or may not still hold shells after this test... I'll laugh and show you my $3 receipt for the new velcro :lol:

oli700 said:

The picture isn't clear enough... but I'll take your word for it ;)

oli700 said:
You can even keep it and freeze it all winter, hide it in a salmon , let a bear eat it, shat it out and I bet its still good to go LOL

Now I would pay money to see that.... LOL :lol:

Ask and receive right? Interesting turn in the conversation here lol. All points well taken. I think in my case velcro will be fine as both of these shotguns will be kept inside air conditioning a majority of the time. If I needed to leave it inside a vehicle all the time then yes, your concerns would be very warranted. Worst case if the velcro didn't work out its easy enough to put a hardware mounted solution on in its place. Again, appreciate the comments.

The Remington 870 MCS ships with a Velcro adhesive shell holder. Those kits go to and are used in rather hot,dirty, dusty, muddy locations. The 500/590 retro kits sold to Big Army have the same setup.
Yes, it can fail. But it also seems to hold up pretty well.

oli700 said:
aksavanaman said:
oli700 said:
as with anything, thank god for choices

But you know Oli... how would you be able to wear your shoes without those velcro strapps? ;) :lol:
Perfect example of why Velcro is temporary in the grand scheme of things….even if adhesive lasted forever, have some sandals that I could still be wearing if they had buckle, some fire pants that I could still blouse or the pockets would still stay shut if they used buttons, I depend on and use vecro in my job, my job tests things to the limit.

**edited to move photos at the request of oli.
;)

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9075

I run Velcro and ESSTAC 7 rd cards.

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Back