• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wasn't too safe.

nasa

.270 WIN
I had an accident driving too work, with nobody else involved, just a little damage to the air dam but it cost me a little pain and my job. Fired for violating company policy due to having the accident. Still recovering with a little back pain and there was no property damage.

This may be a blessing in disguise. I have been bored for a long time, getting a bit on the lazy side. Now I have a little time to get my tools, shop and firearms all in order and maybe get a few honey do's put out of the way.

Commuting for about 160 miles round trip, and on call 24/7 with 9 to 11 hours a day besides the drive time left me little time for the things in life that are most important. I knew it was only a matter of time before I had an accident and I'm thankful it was not any worse than it was. I skipped across a ditch at a culvert on a county road and went from 72 mph to 0 in about 152 feet. I walked away with a little twist in my lower back.

Since then I've lengthened my shooting rang to 100 yards and sighted in my scopes and am doing a little at a time to reorganize all my tools and shop area. I didn't realize how many tools I have. Looks like yard sale is on the horizon and EBay will be my friend.

I have a few leads on jobs but don't have rush. It's time for a vacation and reorganization.

Sorry for the misfortune, but looks like you've got a great outlook on the situation. Enjoy the time off and good luck on the job hunt...

Good luck to you. It sounds like life gave you lemons and you're doing a great job of making lemonade!

Sorry to hear about the accident but glad you came out relatively unscathed. Bummer on losing the job.

I can relate. I commute 150 miles a day myself. I have close calls on almost a daily basis with people texting, reading newspapers/books, talking on the phone, eating, etc while driving. Combine that with the bad roads we have over our long winter and I know it is just a matter of time for me as well.

I drive my work car (a Hemi Charger) practically all the time by holding the steering wheel with only my left knee so I can text with two thumbs and still eat a jelly-filled doughnut that I grab up off my center console laptop computer and shove it in my face like I am Chris Farley. It's sorta distracting in the tight curves BUT I am learning to increase my speed so that it looks smooth to everyone else, like I am in complete control.

I'm sorry to hear of the wreck, but am glad it wasn't worse than it was.

I'm also sorry to hear about the job. That make it suck even more, but sounds like it's going to work out for the best.

Sorry to hear of your troubles Nasa. Hang in there and keep your chin up.

Yikes! It sucks to hear about this but it seems it just might be for the better....good luck man...

Dave's practicing doughnut drifting....:rolleyes:

Thank you all. It's been a while since I had posted anything. Just haven't had the time or made the time.

I'm feeling a little better every day. Still have a problem getting out of bed or laying on my left side but I can walk and put on my own sock and boots.

Every time I leave the house now, the wife reminds me no to have any more accidents.

Thank you all. It's been a while since I had posted anything. Just haven't had the time or made the time.

I'm feeling a little better every day. Still have a problem getting out of bed or laying on my left side but I can walk and put on my own sock and boots.

Every time I leave the house now, the wife reminds me no to have any more accidents.

Your back pain will lessen if you put on BOTH socks then your boots :D

I all seriousness, take care of yourself and we're glad your here.

Back