• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

We're the govt, and we're to make you safe

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
No, thanks. I'll keep my old beater, and take care of my safety myself. This is all about control.

“V2V communication for safety refers to the exchange of data over a wireless network that provides critical information that allows each vehicle to perform calculations and issue driver advisories, driver warnings, or take pre-emptive actions to avoid and mitigate crashes,” said the DOT plan. “Data that may be exchanged includes each vehicle’s latitude, longitude, time, heading angle, speed, lateral acceleration, longitudinal acceleration, yaw rate, throttle position, brake status, steering angle, headlight status, turn signal status, vehicle length, vehicle width, vehicle mass, bumper height, and the number of occupants in the vehicle.”

More: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ter ... -and-speed

insurance companies are footing the bill for that so they can use the data to deny your claim

They will keep chipping away little by little. I believe the On Board Diagnostics II (or III) will tell the car maker via satellite or diagnostic hook up if you make certain changes like camshaft or exhaust. The little black boxes they put into them recorded all kind of data. I don't think the government has a right to tell me to wear a seat belt or not (I would anyway) but I'm pretty sure the laws were forced on the states by the feds via bribery from the insurance industry. A lot of things are forced on us by the insurance companies for our own good...or to deny as Oli noted.

^

I wasn't thinking about going that far back to buying a horse, but an older car is sounding better by the day.

I've been watching those car commercials about the car over riding the brakes just wondering when a spider is going to crawl over the sensor eye and cause it to malfunction on the interstate doing 70 mph causing a domino car crash killing most everyone involved.

Once more last chance. Change the lyrics some, and it would fit this administration perfectly.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjJDXr9ashI[/youtube]

Back