• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What do you want to see me shoot?

COFirefighter said:
*bump*

I'd love to hear some more ideas for reactive targets...I've been trolling Craigslist looking for some free stuff to shoot (and dispose of properly, since I technically live in the "People's Republic of Boulder")
Ever shoot Tannerite ?

Rossignol said:
I'm lookin for ideas too!
With all your welding , you have to posses fab skills. Need to start shooting steel, make your own poppers and such. I love just shooting my gongs.

oli700 said:
Ever shoot Tannerite ?

Is that legal to shoot in National Forests? I could imagine some very serious penalties/fines...especially since my National Forest is constantly burning and for the sheer amount of "red flag" days we have around here.

Well it isn’t supposed to start fires...I haven’t heard of or seen a fire start from it however I bet there are restrictions for its use. Better check local regulations.
The guy who invented it lives here and it’s around every corner.
It is a chemical reaction resulting in a cold explosion. Very little heat is produced and the outcome is CO2, No hazardous gases are produced.

oli700 said:
Rossignol said:
With all your welding , you have to posses fab skills. Need to start shooting steel, make your own poppers and such. I love just shooting my gongs.

I've def been thinkin about it. The suck part of it, I still have to purchase even the scrap from my shop. Back when times werent so lean, I had a storage unit full of stuff, tube steel and plate steel, mostly carbon but some stainless.

I would love a big steel stash, I'm not your caliber of welder but I can get things to stick together.

Rossignol said:
oli700 said:
Rossignol said:

I've def been thinkin about it. The suck part of it, I still have to purchase even the scrap from my shop. Back when times werent so lean, I had a storage unit full of stuff, tube steel and plate steel, mostly carbon but some stainless.

I had some experience back in the early 90's welding up some stainless with a tig. p.i.t.a. didn't work out so good for me...

It’s harder than it looks to truly weld a good sound weld...consistently. Let alone knowing how to weld different materials.

Man, if it werent for practice... I'm not a natural and I have to keep doin it. Hard part for me, and the thing I try to work on most, is welding LOOOOONG consistent beads. I'm building a tank right now that is 44' in circumference, roughly 14' diameter. They dont like starts and stops cuz its potentially a point where the tank can leak. The tanks are most commonly x-rayed, and the one I'm on was also vacuum tested.

On part of it, before I put it on rollers layin down, I had the bottom part (only 4' tall) standing and had to weld walking around it. I was welding about 11' at a time while walking.

Stainless to carbon isnt hard to do as long as the scale is grinded off the carbon real good, and the filler wire wether MIG or TIG is stainless. I love TIG welding! Difficult for me to figure out how to use both hands...

The knowing part with different materials and processes just comes with doin it over and over again. Its a competition for me. I look at who is the best and figure theres no reason I cant do it, so I set out to, to be among the best. Anything else is complacency, mediocrity, or laziness.

Sorry.

derailed-train-derailed-thread-demotivational-poster-1237346157.jpg

oli700 said:
Well it isn’t supposed to start fires...I haven’t heard of or seen a fire start from it however I bet there are restrictions for its use. Better check local regulations.
The guy who invented it lives here and it’s around every corner.
It is a chemical reaction resulting in a cold explosion. Very little heat is produced and the outcome is CO2, No hazardous gases are produced.

sounds awesome. i wonder if i can get it locally or if i have to order it, which will probably carry a hazmat shipping fee.

Where's the vids of my basketball shoot goose?

How about an engine block. Sst slugs.

Back