• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

what happens to shotgun shells

A good amount get reloaded.....never heard of recycling them, all the trap ranges just throw them in the dumpster.

I have a bag started. It may be a good idea to have some components on hand for when/if I start to reload. And if that day never comes, I may drill holes in the brass and slide them over Christmas tree light bulbs.

I would reload them until they would no longer hold a crimp then just toss them or leave them on the range.

When hunting I always try to collect my hulls. I frequently find them in the woods and fields where they sit for years with little noticeable breakdown of components aside from a little rust/corrosion of the base.

I save mostly all of my shotgun hulls, as well as once fired brass from 9mm, .44 Magnum, .45 ACP and .45 Colt pistol cartridges in the manufacturers box should I decide to setup a reloading bench someday...or should I decide to process them and sell the de primed and cleaned brass...which goes for over $115 for 1000 cases of 9mm...and $145 for 1000 cases of .45 ACP in today's market.

Mine go into large cardboard boxes. I may have to move out if this continues. :eek: Take care. Tom Worthington

@LTB45 had the coolest idea I've seen so far...

This tree is our SHOTGUN TREE.

KitchenTree1.jpg

It is decorated with a string of Shotgun shell lights that I made from old hulls and a 50 light string that I bought. I used Remington Green and Gold and Winchester Red shells for the seasonal color lights.

The tree also has Shotgun shell Angel ornaments that my wife made.

Lightsandornament.jpg

Back