• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What price, security?

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Govt. has the pedal to the metal:

Washington (AFP) - President Barack Obama said Tuesday the cyber attacks against Sony and the Pentagon's Central Command highlight the need for toughened laws on cybersecurity.
Related Stories

President Obama to unveil major legislation to ramp up US cybersecurity The Verge
Obama to push for new cybersecurity legislation Associated Press
Obama seeks enhanced cybersecurity laws to fight hackers Reuters
Obama turns focus to Internet security, privacy Reuters
[$$] U.S. Puts New Focus on Fortifying Cyber Defenses The Wall Street Journal

Obama made the comment as the White House unveiled a proposal to revive cybersecurity legislation stalled over the past few years.

"With the Sony attack that took place, with the Twitter account that was hacked by Islamist jihadist sympathizers yesterday, it just goes to show how much more work we need to do -- both public and private sector -- to strengthen our cybersecurity," the president said at a meeting with congressional leaders.

Obama said he had spoken to the Republican leaders of the House and Senate and "I think we agreed that this is an area where we can work hard together, get some legislation done and make sure that we are much more effective in protecting the American people from these kinds of cyberattacks."

http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-renews-bid-cybersecurity-law-155403546.html

The cake is a lie!!

There is no true security, it's all mirage implemented to keep us pacified while they creep deeper and deeper into our freedoms, or what used to be our freedoms.

I could go on but that's it in a nutshell.

I wouldn't classify a hacker with Sony's emails a terrorist.

Two entirely different things.

While either are bad, neither are the same.

Hold the door.

I just thought about this.

"With the Sony attack that took place"

They're worried about someone hacking emails?

The NSA hacks every single email we make without a warrant and thus violating our Constitution?

The USPS photographs mail at handling centers?

They can trace our locations from our phones?

Wait, what?

And they (the gubment) wants U.S. businesses to lower their encryption levels because it is too hard for them (the gubment) to get into the info they want without expending valuable manhours. Maybe they (the gubment) needs to recruit from N Korea...

Hold the door.

I just thought about this.

They're worried about someone hacking emails?

The NSA hacks every single email we make without a warrant and thus violating our Constitution?

The USPS photographs mail at handling centers?

They can trace our locations from our phones?

Wait, what?

(Sarcasm alert) That's different. The NSA is doing it for our own good. What's the big deal about some lost freedom for the additional safety they give us?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    • This was first written by Franklin for the Pennsylvania Assembly in its Reply to the Governor (11 Nov. 1755)
    • An earlier variant by Franklin in Poor Richard's Almanack (1738): "Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power."
    • Many paraphrased derivatives of this have often become attributed to Franklin:
      • They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

• They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

• Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.

• He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
  • But our great security lies, I think, in our growing strength, both in numbers and wealth; … unless, by a neglect of military discipline, we should lose all martial spirit …; for there is much truth in the Italian saying, Make yourselves sheep, and the wolves will eat you.
My man Ben knew...

Benjamin_Franklin_zps14508184.jpg

I wonder what ol' Ben would think of Philly now? The whole city is a disgrace to the memories of our Founder's.

Yes it is a damn shame...

Old Ben is buried in Christ's Church cemetery along with four other signers of the Declaration of Independence...Benjamin Rush, Francis Hopkinson, Joseph Hewes and George Ross.

All would be turning in their graves at the state of affairs in Philadelphia today !!

BenFranklinGrave_zps71e4804e.jpg

Back