• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wood Furniture Project on my M500 6 Shot Pursuader

I was at the range yesterday and ran into a snag. I loaded up and I found that I could only put 2 in the magazine tube and 1 in the chamber????

The old magazine tube stroke limiter. I totally forgot to remove this during the build. I'm not sure if this is a NY state thing or they all come from the factory like this now. The last Mossy I purchased (590A1) did not have one.

The shotgun performed very well and I'll post some more pics once I get the file size down.

They all pretty much come like that. Save it though, just in case. It's mostly just for the hunting laws that limit you to 3 shells in the gun. It's the law here in CT for turkey hunting....dumb.

It's not just a safe queen - Little Woody can shoot too!!!!

Brought the M500 (wood stock) with me to the range today to see how it can shot. Shot 9 pellet buckshot and Federal slugs at cardboard set up at 5, 7, 10 and 15 yards.

Buckshot. Very good groups at 5, 7 and 10 yards. The buckshot starts to spread out at 15 yards but still puts a few pellets on the mark. Nice!!!

Slugs work as well. I think the high flyer at 15 yards was me.

All in all it's a great option for HD, truck, boat, etc. Also looks awesome:cool:

Pics below.

IMG_0140 (2).JPG IMG_0136 (1).JPG IMG_0138 (1).jpg IMG_0141.jpg IMG_0142.jpg

They all pretty much come like that. Save it though, just in case. It's mostly just for the hunting laws that limit you to 3 shells in the gun. It's the law here in CT for turkey hunting....dumb.
And ALL waterfowl hunting!
1 in the pipe, 2 in the magazine max.

And the law for hunting everything with a shotgun in my state.

Except maybe coyotes.

Then again, it probably holds true for coyotes too.

This M500 is definitely not a turkey or water fall hunting shotgun. This is purely a home defense, general security or neighborhood patrol shotgun. It will be integrated with a pistol belt and light LBE vest.

And the law for hunting everything with a shotgun in my state.

Except maybe coyotes.

Then again, it probably holds true for coyotes too.

Purchased this for waterfowl hunting and anything else. I'm very happy with it.

500 Flex.png

That looks really good to me.

Back