• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Workin for a livin....

Most of my immediate family drive trucks.

It's a massive industry, I believe transport and logistics employ more people than any other.

What scares me is that we are so dependant on our (NA wide) consumer economy. How long can we sustain buying more than we produce? When the money runs out, the trucks will stop rolling...and so will everything else.

I'm an MECP certified Mobile Electronics Installer. I don't have many pics of my work here at a home besides the nightmares I sometimes get, but here are a couple.

06' BMW 325i : Converted to double din and relocated the heater controls and heated seat switches.
20130829_151926.jpg

Flush mount USB & Aux in a Maxima
20130719_111529.jpg

GPS on a Vespa
Image19.jpg

Acura RL completely custom mounting solution.
20130316_150229.jpg

This nightmare remote start install came to me from another shop
20130223_112929.jpg

This is one of my remote start installs. The factory harness' have blue dots mine have the red dots.
4b601510-4407-427b-adb1-fd27b605de63.jpg

f59c41d7-17d0-4706-9fac-b849e02cd311.jpg

dd2d4f9e-801d-4f6b-b62b-9a7e4d7e0b0b.jpg

I'm a jeweler, I have been been doing this line of work for my family for the last 28 years.

This time of year we always get requests for elk tooth jewelery, I made one for a customer a few weeks ago and he liked it so he decided he needed 3 more for his sons.

Here are a few of the steps in making them, Of course I needed to roll out the metal for the bezel and top, but its hard to take a pic while doing that ;)

8227657470_2e15c974aa_b.jpg

8227658268_b872dfdcef_b.jpg

8227659326_65b4362a00_b.jpg

and finally!

8227658720_039b5a9a86_b.jpg

We do quite a few throughout the year, but it really pics up around hunting season and Christmas.
This took me about 3 hours to make all of them, But that also included rolling out and finish work.
Thanks for looking

I'm retired now I stay home and fix things,,,,,

.....dam frozen gutters.

Attachments

• I'll fix it.jpg
    I'll fix it.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 50
@ sinkhole...nice installs although I've never been trained I have been into car electronics since the mid 90's! I was pretty heavy into SPL my daily driver Rodeo would hit over 146 db on a regular basis! I can no longer drive because of vision issues but I still enjoy the occasional head unit install to full systems!

@Phillip Reed ... looks like a horrible office to me;) We often use our local plane services to get to the remote villages on Island, and I can tell you there hasn't been a flight I haven't enjoyed. Float planes are still my favorite though!

This was one of my favorite over flights on a grounded vessel back in 2011. Our pilot had some major cohones.... the rotor blades were about 6 ft from the side of the cliff! I'm gonna miss this place and will be sad to leave Kodiak, I've had some great memories and pretty exciting cases here!

Helo Landing Melina Bay.jpg Kodiak.jpg Midnite Sun.jpg

Dang, awesome stuff! Everybody!

I've got some welding pics to get uploaded!

Damn beautiful country up there AK.

I'd miss it too...

Well if all goes as planned, I should be seeing order up to Anchorage pretty soon. At this point I'll take anything in AK, and will be happy with that... but Kodiak is pretty unique in it's own way. The only place I can think of where I can go for a walk on the beach or fishin' for salmon, and be at the summit of a 4000Ft mountain in the afternoon looking at mountain goats.

Anyways, I'm getting all nostalgic already... it'll be fun where ever they send me, as long as I've got the family with me it doesn't really matter;)

Well if all goes as planned, I should be seeing order up to Anchorage pretty soon. At this point I'll take anything in AK, and will be happy with that... but Kodiak is pretty unique in it's own way. The only place I can think of where I can go for a walk on the beach or fishin' for salmon, and be at the summit of a 4000Ft mountain in the afternoon looking at mountain goats.

Anyways, I'm getting all nostalgic already... it'll be fun where ever they send me, as long as I've got the family with me it doesn't really matter;)

If you are stationed somewhere where you love it, fight tooth and nail to stay there, even if you move to another location that is equivalent to moving from CA to GA...I tip my hat to you AK...

Well, you'd think with current budget constraints they'd (I say they, and really it's just one Warrent Officer in VA that cuts orders for my rating) opt to send me to the least expensive place... which just happens to be 300 miles north and at the top of my choices;)

Back