• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Would you buy a Mossberg 715T .22 again after owning yours?

Would you buy a Mossberg 715T Tactical .22 Autoloader again after owner yours?

• No

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 42 75.0%

• Total voters
Re: Would you buy a Mossberg 715T .22 again after owning you

want me to quit posting my opinion about it...buy it from me...i'll take a loss at 275 plus actual shipping...you'll get the p.o.s. and 3 mags. less than 300 rounds through it...

or if you don't like what we say about your precious junk, don't read it...it is a free country...

Gentlemen,

Let's end this now and carry on with the thread as intended by the OP. Share your own experience and opinions as it relates to your purchase. If you feel it necessary to provide commentary on the opinions of others or engage in an argument, please to do so by PM only...

Sorry to offend your fragile egos.
But I see this all to often on the 'net.
The original question was simple...would you buy another 715T, of which the strong majority answer 'yes'.
But then the thread goes off with the same two or three people (who have in all likelyhood purchased 'friday afternoon guns') go on an on an on with their issues.
Which they've done countless times in other threads.
It gets tiring.
Sell the damn things and move on.

first off...what is a "friday afternoon gun?"

second. the op asked a question that begs a reason without being stated. when it comes down to it, summing up why you love it can be stated easily. or can be in detail. saying why i hate my p.o.s cannot be easily summed up in a few sentences. you do not see me whining about people taking paragraphs to describe why they love theirs, or adding pics of it either. there are examples of both.

third, if anyone's ego is hurt, it is yours because you WHINED about people who disagree with you. man up buttercup and realize not every one loves their gun, or got a good one.

fourth, if i could sell it and not lose my behind i would. with the issues i have had, morally, i could not pass those on to the next guy without taking a major loss on the gun.

i'm done with this part of the conversation. if there is anything relevant for me to comment on, i will. i will not comment on any more your butt hurt whining about people disagree with you.

maybe this is ruffling my feathers a little because i have worked 12 hour days for the last week and half straight, but one of my pet peeves is people whining about people whining(or stating their opinions if they happen to disagree with the whiner).

i'm done, as should you be snagglepuss

No I would not but another Mossberg 715T .22 again.

too many issues, not only with the gun. But also with certain owners.

better :twisted:

I wanted to apologise if I offend anyone. My earlier post may have been a bit long winded.However I still stand by my comments about the 715T. By the way this is the artist formerly known as mike521!! For some reason the site stopped letting me view or post anything the other day. So new account and from this day forward I shall be known as 521mike!! ;) :?: :D

521mike said:
For some reason the site stopped letting me view or post anything the other day. So new account and from this day forward I shall be known as 521mike!! ;) :?: :D

Perhaps you were banned?

^ Nope, just checked that.

Nobody banned him or had a reason to...

I bought mine as a home defense weapon and I have a few gadgets on it along with a few magazines. Its my first semi auto and first AR style firearm. I have the model with the carry handle. I want one with just a flat rail on the top. I would like to target shoot with that and put my scope on it ...

DarthJim said:
521mike said:
For some reason the site stopped letting me view or post anything the other day. So new account and from this day forward I shall be known as 521mike!! ;) :?: :D

Perhaps you were banned?
Hope not!! Really enjoy the site!! I'm sure I wasn't banned I didnt do any thing to be banned. Had a few words w/ another member but nothing serious, nothing vulgar, and no name calling. Besides there were three of us going at it and there still posting. I could log in fine just couldn't view anything.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
^ Nope, just checked that.

Nobody banned him or had a reason to...
Thanks LAZY EYED SNIPER for clearing that up. I didn't read your post before my previous post. Don't know what happened w/ my last account.

YES! and i did

Mossberg715FT_zpscd7cbb32.jpg

Cant wait to see wich one shoots the best.

I'd buy another one for sure. This has been a great rifle for me and one of the most FUN guns I've ever shot. I got it 6 months ago and have put more than 2,000 round through it.
I have 2 of the 25 round mags and 1 of the 10. The only issues I have is if I attempt to shoot American Eagle through it.

The CCI AR Tactical rounds work GREAT in my gun.

Nope I don't think I would. I had mine for awhile but could never get use to the plastic shell just did not fell the same as the M-4 I was us to. Sold it and purchased the 702 with the 25 rd magazine shoots fine and looks good.

New to the community and new owner of a fun little gun. I just had an opportunity to go to a range a shoot off a few.I sure would... maybe grab a flat top if I come across one. :)

I would def get another. Mine has worked pretty much flawless (one instance of bolt randomly holding open with 2 rounds left). Guns wont work perfectly right off the shelf and i think that is some of the problem with the new owners. granted there are other issues being experienced as well but the gun def needs a good breaking in.

I would consider the flat top model but i think i like the carry handle option along with having optics and being able to resort back to the iron sights without messing with the scope or what have you.

I actually traded away my Daisy Legacy 22LR bolt action for this puppy and it was well worth it despite getting rid of a pretty rare and fun little plinker.

I'll give you my feelings about the 715T I bought last March.

When I first fired it, it ftl and ftf quite often. After a few hundred rounds, it now, usuallly works near flawlessly. I likes high velocity better than sub-sonic ammo and CCI better than Remingtom.
Since I started with 25yds as a zero, I have gone to 50 and about 65 yds now.
Most of my issues have been with the reflex sight I bought for the rifle first - it wouldn't hold zero worth a damn. (Biggest problem is finding ammo without being gouged)
Got a 2-9x40 scope from Walmart for $35 and got Happy!
Now I got a 3-12x44 UTG that has zero reset on the turrets and SWAT (side wheel adjustable turret) parallax adjustment for $84 from Amazon before they changed the price to just under $100 ($99.99) so the scope itself wouldn't qualify for 20% OFF Black Friday Sale after I placed my order!
The 3-9x32 "Bug Buster CQB scope they sent me before that order has a double image reticle and the REPLACEMENT had the reticle positioned at 11 o'clock for the verticle crosshair instead of 12 o'clock.
The stock sights on my carry handle version were useless @ 25yds. With my eyes the scope saves me a LOT of walking, since I can see the hole from nearly 75 yds with the 12x.
Don't think I would buy another though. This is all that I could get in a tactical semi-auto 22lr back when I ordered mine from Bud's Guns (and they got the order wrong to boot). I wanted a Sig 522.
I keep it for fun and buy a AK or AR based tactical rifle in the near future.

Back