• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

WWII vet, beaten by teens outside Eagles Lodge, dies

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Keep an eye out for the perps if you're in the area where this happened. A couple of good pics linked in the article. They're still at large. This and similar recent incidents is why good folks need to go armed. :x

SPOKANE, Wash. -

WWII veteran Delbert Belton survived being wounded in action during the Battle of Okinawa only to be beaten and left for dead by two teens at the Eagles Lodge in Spokane on Wednesday evening.

Belton, 88, succumbed to his injuries Thursday morning at Sacred Heart Medical Center.

Witnesses say Belton was in the parking lot of the Eagles Lodge at 6410 N. Lidgerwood, adjacent to the Eagles Ice-A-Rena, around 8 p.m. Wednesday when the two male suspects attacked him as he was about to head inside to play pool.

Police responded with K-9s to track the suspects' scent but were not able to locate them.

"It does appear random. He was in the parking lot, it appears he was assaulted in the parking lot and there was no indication that he would have known these people prior to the assault," Spokane Police Major Crimes Detective Lieutenant Mark Griffiths said.

Belton died from his injuries Thursday morning at Sacred Heart Medical Center.

"Shorty," as he was known by his friends at the Eagles Lodge, served in the U.S. Army in the Pacific during WWII and was shot in the leg during the Battle of Okinawa. He went on to work at Kaiser Aluminum at the company's Trentwood plant for more than 30 years. Belton's wife passed away several years ago.

He loved playing pool, even though he claimed he was no good at it and had been a member of the Eagles Lodge for the last four months. In addition to playing pool he loved working on cars.

Shorty was Ted Denison's best friend of 23 years; the two played pool occasionally and worked on cars daily.

"He was always there for me when I needed him," Denison said. "We'd joke back and forth. We were always having fun, some sort of fun."

He was the kind of nice old man who'd become your friend in minutes.

"Probably every time I come into town, he'd have a project for me to do," Denison said. "I thought of him more as a dad than I did a friend really."

Now, with the suspects still at large and the Spokane Police Department working to track them down, Shorty's friends are hoping for justice.

"I don't understand how somebody could do this. I really don't," Denison said.

Spokane police are looking for two male suspects in the attack. They said the suspects are African Americans between 16 and 19 years old. One suspect was described as heavy set and wearing all black clothing. The other was described as being about 6 feet tall and 150 pounds. There was no description of what clothing the second suspect was wearing other than a silk do-rag.

Police investigating the deadly attack on Belton have also obtained surveillance footage from the scene. Click this link to see still images of the two suspects in the attack.

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/e ... index.html

And they wonder why Zimmerman "targeted" Martin...this kinda crap is what starts wars. Let's get the Vets of America pissed off enough and a lot of these thugs will end up swinging from the trees.

3 teens get bored and kill an Australian student.

2 teens beat a WWII vet to death.

When is it time to remove these people from our world?

And where the **** is Sharpton and Jackson when this shit goes down? This kind of crap makes my blood boil...

Aim small, miss small...

Ya know, there was a series of movies that starred Charles Bronson..."Death Wish"...maybe it is time for ol' Chuck to come back to us and show us how it is done...

GunnyGene said:

Almost killed with the stupid hammer that was stolen in the first place? Like Archer.. this shit gets me fired up! :evil:

But OOHHH NOOO... we can't play the race card... that would be, well... racist :roll: Our social media driven society encourages this type of behavior and usually turns the suspects into victims... because they didn't just act out of their own bad will and evil intentions... no, there must have been some other aspect at fault other than the persons committing the crime. How backwards is all this?

Looks like they're retaliating over the GZ-TM incident and cowards at that.

Oh, and the racist thing? They want to keep it going.

Wrenches said:
Oh, and the racist thing? They want to keep it going.

Of course. There's a lot of publicity/political influence, and hence money, in it. Especially when you've got a tame (_________) in the Oval Office.

Good news...one arrest has been made.

What a horrible death to a WW2 vet. My prayers to him and his family. He sure deserved better.

Sharpton, Jackson and other like minded groups have a vested interest in keeping racism and the victim mentality alive. Their livelihood relies on it. What they do to minority communities is worse and far more deceitful than a racist group like the KKK which is weak in this day and age.
Edit - this isn't to say groups like the KKK aren't bad too.

I guess we won't hear Obummer say: "if my grandfather was alive he'd look like Delbert Belton. In 40 years that could be me. He was obviously profiled as being an old white guy that would be an easy mark. Delbert Belton should be able to walk from a VFW to his car without being profiled, stalked and killed for the money in his pocket by some thug wannabe's."

carbinemike said:

What a horrible death to a WW2 vet. My prayers to him and his family. He sure deserved better.

Sharpton, Jackson and other like minded groups have a vested interest in keeping racism and the victim mentality alive. Their livelihood relies on it. What they do to minority communities is worse and far more deceitful than a racist group like the KKK which is weak in this day and age.

I guess we won't hear Obummer say: "if my grandfather was alive he'd look like Delbert Belton. In 40 years that could be me. He was obviously profiled as being an old white guy that would be an easy mark. Delbert Belton should be able to walk from a VFW to his car without being profiled, stalked and killed for the money in his pocket by some thug wannabe's."

What would you expect a community organizer to do? Obama is an instigator writ large. He deliberately and with malice takes advantage of, and creates, circumstances that pit one group against another. The intent is to bring this country to a state of chaos in order to rebuild (or fundamentally transform) the nation into something none of us will recognize.

He will not stop even after his current term in office.

GunnyGene said:
carbinemike said:

What would you expect a community organizer to do? Obama is an instigator writ large. He deliberately and with malice takes advantage of, and creates, circumstances that pit one group against another. The intent is to bring this country to a state of chaos in order to rebuild (or fundamentally transform) the nation into something none of us will recognize.

Someone will...

OhioArcher said:
GunnyGene said:
carbinemike said:

Someone will...

Apparently MLK the 3rd isn't up on the statistics, regarding who the perps are and who the victims are. I also find his comment about character repulsive, when that is used to excuse the overwhelming evidence of who is, and who is not, committing the vast majority of crime in this country.

What is the 'character' of those who murdered this vet? Who comprises the majority in the many flash robs that take place? Who are the drug dealers, pimps, etc.? Who spews out the trash called hip-hop and rap "music"? Who's fathers are usually not around? Who are the vast majority of teenage unwed mothers? On what Continent are the majority and most vicious of violent conflicts, civil wars, insurgencies, genocide, slavery, etc. carried out?

"However, sadly, the tears of Trayvon Martin's mother and father remind us that, far too frequently, the color of one's skin remains a license to profile, to arrest and to even murder with no regard for the content of one's character," he said, calling for "stand your ground" self-defense laws to be repealed in states where they have been enacted.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 ... thousands/

Yeah, that sucks. That is my hometown. That 20-something should be held down and have his head kicked in until he stops breathing...

The comments are quite revealing. Didn't think I'd see that in print. The "inner city' has always been bad, even when I was a kid. But the area this was in wasn't. We used to walk that area...lots of old houses. Had a doctor in that area and since my Mom didn't drive we walked...

Back