• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by lance4glas

1. L

Mossberg SA20 Break In

I immensely appreciate your input , you just saved me a whole lot of unnecessary and useless grief and aggravation with what I thought was a " heavy load " The Win Super X steel loads were purchased by mistake - but - in this particular instance I believe they will serve my purpose. Thank...
  2. L

Mossberg SA20 Break In

OK, kindly correct me if I am wrong - For a ' heavy break in ' load I should be using Longshot 24.0 grs , FIO 616 primer , One Win WAA20 wad w/1 oz lead @ 1367 fps, 10,800 psi instead of Longshot 17.0 grs, FIO 616 primer, One Fed 20S1 wad ( unavailable ) w/ 1 1/4 oz lead @ 1100 fps, 10,300...
  3. L

Mossberg SA20 Break In

A while back, pre Covid, I purchased 200 3" Fiocchi primed hulls from BPI. According to the Lyman 5th Shotshell Handbook - they list 1 oz. 1 1/8 oz and 1 1/4 loads for this hull using Long Shot powder, with a Fed 20S1 wad. I only have to locate the wads or an acceptable substitute as I have...
  4. L

Mossberg SA20 Break In

Thank you for the reply, I reload my own spent brass / hulls so the availability of viable ammo is a non issue in my particular case. What I was seeking was ' heavy load ' data so I could effectively break in the ' action spring ' in order to accelerate the time frame to be able to properly...
  5. L

Mossberg SA20 Break In

Looking for information on what is the proper load data to properly break in a new SA 20 in order to be able to cycle 7/8 and 1 oz loads. I am looking for specific information regards shot weight and velocity to perform the above. I purchased 75 rounds of #7 3/4 oz. steel shot with a 1325 fps...
Back