• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by TrophyTracker

1. T

Duck Hunting

Re: Mossberg 835 ducks No prob, thank you! The stock was originally Max-4 camo, but I am not a fan of that pattern, so I decided to paint it with OEM JD paint. It blends well, and looks cool. It isn't my #1 duck gun, but I decided to give it a chance for the week. I'm glad I did
  2. T

Duck Hunting

Mossberg 835 ducks Used the ol John Deere Green 835 in Pa last week to shoot some ducks on the opener
  3. T

New Waterfowl Load from Hevi-Shot

SPEED BALL IS SHIPPING!! First shipments leaving today and are going to: Mack's Prairie Wings - 877-622-5729 Cabela's - 800-237-4444 Presley's Outdoors - 309-697-1193 Simmons Sporting Goods - 800-726-9930 Rogers Sporting Goods - 816-883-4500
  4. T

Autopsy of a Speed Ball Shell

Thank you. I will be around before then, helping with any questions anybody might have ahead of their season.
  5. T

No prob, my bad. I can see where the confusion could be had. In two months I plan to hit the Early Woody season and show what this stuff is made of.
  6. T

New Waterfowl Load from Hevi-Shot

HEVI-Shot will introduce our new shot shell "SPEED BALL" to the lucky state of Nevada first, then the remaining states heading East, until every state is covered. There was a situation in June with the packaging due to a complete overhaul of the design that set it back some. I'm expecting the...
  7. T

It's more of an analogy for those familiar with the ID system. The idea is to see that the ball alone isn't just smashing up against the back of the pellets, as much as it is working with the wad as well to make the gains. The lighter components will want to fly faster, but only do so for a...
  8. T

It works in two ways. The first is in the same way the Inertia Driven action of a Benelli shotgun, where, under recoil, the ball starts to accelerate in the opposite direction with the pellets before the wad takes off fully. This all happend in milliseconds. Then, being the fact that the ball is...
  9. T

Duck Hunting

Re: Waterfowl Pic Thread
  10. T

Duck Hunting

Waterfowl Pic Thread Gang, please post up some pics from the Waterfowl Trail on this thread. Help set the mood for what's to come!
  11. T

Duck Hunting

Re: Choke for duck hunting Sounds like a winner. The Kicks tube is a good one for sure. If I had to chose one or the other, personally I would go with a factory Mod tube, and a box of better quality shells for the close range, over decoy shooting. You really don't see the performance advantage...
  12. T

Duck Hunting

Re: Choke for duck hunting Whichever you choose, just make sure it is rated for steel shot. If you look at the tube package, it will say "No Steel" on it usually. The thing to remember is that with steel, the choke constriction is moved to the next tighter one over lead due to the lack of...
  13. T

Speed Ball at Cabela's

Hey gang, here's a heads up Cabela's has the new shell offered as a pre/backorder, reflecting the prices they are charging for it http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/New ... QAWidgetID
  14. T

Duck Hunting

Re: Choke for duck hunting I use Hevi-Shot Chokes personally, with Hevi-Metal shotshells, and this season the new Speed Ball load. I would suggest Hevi-Metal to start with due to the excellent performance I have gotten out of it and 500's and it's pure knockdown power for a decent price. Look...
  15. T

Chokes for new Speed Ball load

One question that has been asked is if the speeds produced by the new Speed Ball load are too high to be used in the Hevi-Shot Extreme Range Waterfowl Tube. I just wanted to take a sec to help anyone who may have had this question. In short, the answer is NO.These new shells can be shot safely...
Back