• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

100 ATR bolt mod

ImAShrimp

.270 WIN
I just recently purchased a 100 ATR chambered in .308. The initial cocking of the firing pin when rotating the bolt open is very heavy when compared to other rifles that I have used in the past. With others I have been able to open the bolt with the top of my index finger (lifting directly up from the trigger) and then pulling it to the rear and cycling the bolt with the one finger. With the "heaviness" of the ATR bolt, it is a whole-hand operation to rotate the bolt open.

All of that is to ask if there is some way to disassemble the bolt to make a spring mod to allow it to rotate easier without affecting the reliability of the firing pin?

Here's to wishful thinking.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Not sure about that modification you mention, but I am sure someone here will have an answer for you shortly !!

I have no experience with the rifles IAS, sorry man.

It may be an issue of use and break in? I dont know... My shotguns have been that way and loosen up. You could check in with the 100 ATR section and pose the question there in the trouble shooting, or if you like I can move this thread to that section.

You may get the attention of the rifle guys a little quicker that way?

No need to move it. I'll repost in that section.

I don't think its a break-in issue. I think its more if a design issue. However, I'm not going to complain for less than $300 in a off-the-shelf scoped setup.

Back