• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

10mm

LDMcFear

Okay folks I have been seriously considering buying a 10mm Auto. I have looked at several pistols from the famous Colt Delta Elite to the spartan Glock 29 and stuff from EAA. I know it comes down to preference, But I would really like to hear any thoughts or real life experience with the 10mm from the vast pool of knowledge here.
:mrgreen:

Colt Delta Elite is one of the few 1911 style pistols I would buy.

MikeD said:
Are you saying that because you have had the fine pleasure of shooting one? or because they are just so awesome that it calls out to you :cool:

I shot Glocks for literally years, pistols owned by others who invited me to shoot their guns. I liked every one and shot them well.

But it was my first experience shooting the G29 that got me off my butt and buy one. I loved the idea of the power I held in my G29 and how really comfortable it is to shoot. I still carry it often in a Safariland 6378 ALS holster.

In all honesty, ammunition price and availability is a determining factor. If I weren't reloading I would probably be more pleased with a G30 .45Auto. But I am glad I own a 10mm Auto, and the G29 is a great size to have with me practically any time. Expanded 180-gr Gold Dots are over 1" in diameter!

nitesite said:
I shot Glocks for literally years, pistols owned by others who invited me to shoot their guns. I liked every one and shot them well.

But it was my first experience shooting the G29 that got me off my butt and buy one. I loved the idea of the power I held in my G29 and how really comfortable it is to shoot. I still carry it often in a Safariland 6378 ALS holster.

In all honesty, ammunition price and availability is a determining factor. If I weren't reloading I would probably be more pleased with a G30 .45Auto. But I am glad I own a 10mm Auto, and the G29 is a great size to have with me practically any time. Expanded 180-gr Gold Dots are over 1" in diameter!

Thank you for your insite Nitesite :) I appreciate it

LDMcFear said:
MikeD said:
Are you saying that because you have had the fine pleasure of shooting one? or because they are just so awesome that it calls out to you :cool:

Because they are so awesome it calls out to me. :twisted:

A buddy of mine back in the day had a small collection of 10mm pistols. A Glock 20, Colt Delta Elite, and a S&W 1006. The Delta Elite was his favorite.

tcecil88 said:
A buddy of mine back in the day had a small collection of 10mm pistols. A Glock 20, Colt Delta Elite, and a S&W 1006. The Delta Elite was his favorite.

Didn't Hk used to make a 10mm

LDMcFear said:
tcecil88 said:

Didn't Hk used to make a 10mm

It appears everything was a conversion from the USP 45. Looks like the 10mm cartridge fits in the .45 acp mag, then they put an aftermarket 10mm barrel on it. No dedicated model though.
They made the MP5 into a 10mm called the MP10. That had to be one bad mutha! :D

tcecil88 said:
[They made the MP5 into a 10mm called the MP10. That had to be one bad mutha! :D

Yep, mostly in use by the FBI. They train with them still to this day, largely at Quantico. And are in regular field use, too!

nitesite said:
tcecil88 said:
[They made the MP5 into a 10mm called the MP10. That had to be one bad mutha! :D

Yep, mostly in use by the FBI. They train with them still to this day, largely at Quantico. And are in regular field use, too!

Thats ridiculous. Okay Awesome is a better word. Hmmm Thinking about the Glock 29 with the grip extender for the larger mag, Yes I know 14+1 10mm really? Yes I say ;)

The Pearce +0 magazine base plate doesn't add any rounds like the +2, etc but it certainly adds controlability by giving your little finger a perch!

G29_Buck_Hartsook.jpg

nitesite said:
The Pearce +0 magazine base plate doesn't add any rounds like the +2, etc but it certainly adds controlability by giving your little finger a perch!

G29_Buck_Hartsook.jpg

Sweet! Must... work. More.... Overtime...

Poking around the Intertubes I found this:
The MP10 is a misnamed Heckler und Koch MP5, chambered for 10mm Auto or .40 S&W. The MP10 myth was propagated by Tom Clancy's book Rainbow Six. The correct name for the MP10 is the MP5/10 or MP5/40, depending on which round it is chambered for.
No matter how you look at it it's Real and that's all that matters :)

A friend of mine at work tonight was trying to convince me to by the Beretta PX4 Storm in .40cal instead of the Glock29 :eek:

I had a chance to shoot a FA MP5 a while back. For those that have not tried one, I highly recommend it. :D :D :D

Back