• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500/590 Wood stock and forend

It sure won't be inexpensive, but the quality seems to be there.

I wonder about the pistol grip and accessing the tang safety.

It's very close to a MagPul stock, I have MagPul on my 590A1 20" and can reach the safety easy, it's the only pistol grip style I would use because of access to the safety. I noticed the price the last time I visited the page (it's at top right of link page, dang).

Edit : ( add word MagPul on my )

Last edited:
Nice looking wood but somewhat pricey especially if it's for a working or true hunting shotgun.

Guess my real question is why the lengthy M-Lok rails on the fore end? I've always been careful to not change the balance of the fore end either from front to back or side to side. To me, adding anything to the fore end changes the ability to rapidly manipulate the gun's action. Plus slamming a M-Lok mounted light back and forth certainly will take it's toll on many of today's weapon mounted lights.

Plus mounting a light on the fore end vice forward on the mag tube cap might cause some barrel shadowing?

Regards

Nice looking wood but somewhat pricey especially if it's for a working or true hunting shotgun.

Guess my real question is why the lengthy M-Lok rails on the fore end? I've always been careful to not change the balance of the fore end either from front to back or side to side. To me, adding anything to the fore end changes the ability to rapidly manipulate the gun's action. Plus slamming a M-Lok mounted light back and forth certainly will take it's toll on many of today's weapon mounted lights.

Plus mounting a light on the fore end vice forward on the mag tube cap might cause some barrel shadowing?

Regards

It is a pricey set, but not a lot more than replacing with a Magpul set.
I would say the length of the M-Lok rails are to permit some flexibility in accessory placement, some lights are not very heavy and the forend is about as far forward on the gun as I would want any extra weight (even 4 or 5oz) but is the most manageable place for the weight, without being on the receiver, as far as rapid manipulation goes, I see zero effect in speed as I can still run .50 second (1/2 sec) splits and stay on target, but if hunting was the use I see no need to be faster shot to shot.

Back