• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

715t WOOD STOCK?

Hey all! Got a friend with a 715t and every time he picks it up in front of me, he's asking me whether or not he can get a wood stock for it. I can't say I blame him either. I personally could live with the plastic (sorry, polymer :twisted: ) shell, and the fixed carry handle, but the thing I absolutely HATE about these rifles is the magazine release. Feels like it's gonna break every time I use it. Anyways, I can tell he feels about the same way about it as I do, so I told him I'd post in some forums to see about a replacement stock. Has anyone ever noticed the 715t is very similar to the 702 plinkster? I wonder if the 702 stock would accept the 715 action/barrel assembly as a drop in replacement? Well, that's why I'm posting, let me know what you think!

Yes.

The 715T is simply a re-dressed 702 Plinkster. You can ditch all the plastic and drop it into a 702 stock without any issues...

I told him the same thing. I REALLY don't care for the 715 much at all myself, but it was a birthday present from his parents. He threw a scope and bipods on, both from wally world. Let me tell you, it is in dire need of a tall cheek riser. Wanna talk "chin weld"... I could barely sight it in for him because position repeatability as it sits is non-existent. He would have gotten a 702 stock like I recommended, but they are very scarce. I told him he may as well just purchase another 702 and just have both, but he shot that down with a, "Why do I need two .22's?", in which I replied, "Why DON'T you need two .22's?". Anyyways, thanks for the help guys, figured I'd just give anyone who cares an update.

Back