• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Tactical non-choke to choke question

Hi,

I picked up a 930 tactical and used it for 3 gun. I really wish they had an option to choke the barrel. I would like to keep sight picture as it came from the factory. It’s not like I could order a barrel from Mossberg’s site either. Been out of stock for what seems like a year of looking there. Has anyone had a barrel like this threaded for a choke?

Thanks
G

There are some here who have done what you wish to do. I believe they had to send the barrel out to be threaded as the jig/tap to do it is prohibitively expensive. Someone will probably get back with more info than I have.

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

I had the barrel on my 930SPX threaded for chokes.
Probably the best thing I did to it. I can now swap out the chokes to whatever I want.
I currently have a extended "breacher" choke on it with a longer mag tube to match the extra length.

I had Steve Rose of Rose action sports thread my barrel. He also did the barrel on my 590A1. I am very happy with the quality of the work, and very reasonable price and quick turnaround.

52610035508_728800521f_b.jpg

52609542046_9ff0d2a780_b.jpg

Back