• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveinCT said:
Another change the the 5.45, I added a rail on the bottom of the foregrip and a Magpul AFG all painted the same color as the stock.

How does the magpul feel? is it better than a vertical grip? (comfort wise)

^ Oh yeah!

It feels WAY better to me. Feels like a more natural hold and offers better control of the rifle.

DaveinCT said:
Decided to test some colors for my Saiga .223 project and have some extra stocks laying around so this is my first color which looked to be much flatter on the can cover and darker. My family likes it and my son wants me add some Russian insignia to the stock in yellow :ugeek: I've had it to the club twice and shoots some nice groups and took very little to adjust the irons..

Thank god I have sand paper and 2 more stocks to play with!!!!!!!

wowzerz...i like that combo...

Well, I was never satisfied with my first Ak build. So, I blasted the parts all apart and built me a pistol. welded a plate on the back of the receiver, welded the trigger guard on, and counter sunk and welded the center support in.
this was a barrel less Romy "G" and a cheap Yugo barrel.

DSC01707.jpg

DSC01709.jpg

Re: Romanian PSL 7.62x54r

DaveinCT said:
I just had to have this one and my Sig556 had to go to get her in the safe. I got $1000 for the sig556 and this one ran me about $650 out the door. She is a great shooter so far and the older style scope is excellent. Came with 5 10 round mags and a carry pouch for the mags as well as an old style scope cover and 120 54r rounds..

love that stock!

i've been eyeing a 5.56 saiga

Another toy

Due to all of the new regulations talk, I figured I'd grab another while I can.

Sorry for the junk photos. Maybe I'll do some better shots in the future. I also hate the stock that's on it. I may just put the wood stock back on until I can find the parts I want.

87866701.jpg

300277bf.jpg

25ebe221.jpg

0f7cf855.jpg

75d921aa.jpg

Re: Another toy

I like these kinds of toys. :lol:

Very nice man!

I have to agree with you on the stock. I think AKs look much better with wood furniture...

Yea...AK's do look better with wood furniture !

Good luck with the new toy Chris...

That would be one of the ATI Strikeforce AK stocks.

Just FWIW, you can always replace the stock itself with something else besides the M4 AR stock. There are a lot more out there that will fit on it.

Basically, an AR15 stock that will fit a commercial diameter AR15 buffer tube will work on it.

Here's mine with a Magpul moe stock.

akar007.jpg

But I like wood too.

I've been wanting to get an AK just to use this furniture I refinished on.

akstockpictures005.jpg

If you're interested in it, I'll sell the stock and forend for $55 shipped since I'm not using or needing it right now. The stock does have a parkerized butt pad with trap door for a cleaning kit and the forend does have the tension tabs on it. They're ready to drop in.

The stock was sanded by hand until smooth with 800 grit paper, the wood was dyed for an hour in Scarlet Red dye while turning often, allowed to thoroughly dry, and then 3 coats of Minwax glass polyurethane was applied and between coats, prepped with 000 Fine steel wool for a glassy smooth texture.

In other words, it's a presentation stock and forend. It's a lot nicer than other stock sets I've seen go for 3 times what I'm asking.

Like I said, I had it earmarked for a future AK to add to my collection, but looks like you need it more than I do right now. I'll probably use the money towards buying another magpul moe AR stock to put on my 500 in the meantime.

Thanks guys....

I don't kind the m4 style stock, I just don't like how bulky the folder is and how long it is collapsed.

I have the original stock that was on the rifle. I have a couple ak stocks laying around along with forends. I plan on doing a nice dark cherry finish on the original would but I'm going to just do a rail and stock on this one.

Here's mine. Nothing special, but a hoot to shoot.

WASR10_AK47.jpg

Not much to tell. It's a double stack WASR-10 I picked up at Dunhams when they were running one of their $279 sales. I've since cut the barrel nut off and have installed a AK-74 style muzzle break. The slink that came with it was moldy so I tossed it but have yet to replace it. I thought about upgrading the hardware but I kind of like the looks of the wood.

I think there might be a slight cant to the front sight but it's hard to tell. I didn't know to look for this when I bought mine. There is a little magazine wobble but I've not had and FTF so It's all good.

Oh yeah, it it bump fires pretty easily! :D :D :D :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_3Ncg3mLQU[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back