• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Allison and the Springer 1911

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Folks, this is the very first time my 12 year old daughter has ever fired a handgun of any kind. She enjoyed it so much I think it has become her new favorite! She fired over and over, and used most of my ammo. It is a Sprinfield Armory 1911 Loaded A1 .45 ACP.

This very first time, she fired 7 rounds, reloaded and fired the second mag. At 10 yards, every round is on paper and one is a bullseye!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehb4rWfoH1k[/youtube]

198025_1674940308433_1085205913_31454334_4491968_n.jpg

Great shooting! I am sure she will never forget shooting that 1911 for the first time.

Thanks fellas, She def wont let me forget! She just has a good eye, she started shootin a Savage .22 LR bolt action about 2 years ago and at 25 yards was putting rounds on target from the very start in a coffee can. With her .410 she has never missed a shot and will consistently cover our 12" x 12" targets with #6 birdshot at 25 yards.

Thanks Dave!

I dont wanna tell her but shes got a good eye and shoots better than I do with little effort. She needs to make a couple corrections, and for whatever reason she wants to tilt her head to use her left eye and as she fires she starts standing up straighter to the point her shoulders are behind her hips.

Shes a good shot and handled to recoil of the .45 really well! Every time the muzzle flips up she put it back on target and hit what she was aiming for! I have more video, even though it sucks, of her picking her targets, in this case milk jugs full of water, but calling her shots, pointing, and then hitting what she called out. Most of her shots were at 10 yards.

gumbydammit said:
Sounds like she's left eye dominant. Have her close her left eye when she shoots.

Yep! She actually noticed it before I did and told me she kept drifting to her left eye, I had told her I try to shoot both eyes open... So she began shooting with her left eye closed after the first couple of mags.

Back