• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another Shockwave mod thread...

Slowest

.22LR
20230224_141820.jpg

I've never left anything oem as far as I know, so ordered some goodies for my spankin' new Patriot 590 Shockwave.
Defender Tactical bits:
20230302_153200.jpg

Monstrum laser w/pic rail:20230415_031045.jpg
20230225_152206.jpg
Sighting in the laser at the backyard range:
20230225_154816.jpg
NDZ safety, opted for the wider version, easier to modulate gloved up.20230415_033053.jpg
GG&G QD for a sling.

Nice compact laser. Let us have a review after you put it through it's paces.
I suspect you will want a taller front sight especially with the rail.

Autonomous, thanks, it was cheaper than the Crimson Trace LS-250 lasersaddle by a hundred dollars. But as they say; you get what you pay for.
As far as reviewing goes, easy attachment, sturdy construction, seems to hold zero pretty well after firing a dozen rounds of various (mini, low recoil & standard 00/slugs). No complaints.
I suspect you will want a taller front sight especially with the rail.

Having the laser pointer pretty much negates needing a front sight....shooting from the hip is now SOP.

BTW, your avatar pic is absolutely hilarious!!

Very nice! It's fun tricking out the Shockwave.

I see you threaded the strap under the grip sleeve with the DT recoil strap. Works a charm, eh? Makes gripping the Shockwave like slipping on a glove!
Shockwave-Recoil-Strap.jpg

I'm also a fan of Defender Tactical's goodies.

Last edited:
Something like this?
Bobster, is that Maverick 88(?) your home defense/shtf set up? Looks cool and all, but me thinks it’s not too practical in a RL high stress situ. To each his own!
How's that ATI heatshield, and what is the setup on a Shockwave like?
Metal and "fairly" straightforward install on a stock Shockwave, as long as not jacking with the oem forearm/forend. It did require some minor bending to the mounting bracket and fastener(s) due to the barrel thickness, also interfered with the DT Rail Mount.
Aftermarket forearm/forend can cause clearance issues when racking and become the RPITA. With some T&E, finagling and choice words, I was able to bring it together satisfactorily.

20230309_170650.jpg

When I saw that, this came to mind :lol
Screenshot_20230422_135957_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking at the ATI Heatshield for our incoming 590S 12ga Shockwave, but I'm going to be using the Streamlight TL-Racker as the forend so I dunno...

Back