• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Any Picatinny Rails for the Blaze ?

JayJay-O

.22LR
Still looking to upgrade the open sights on my Blaze. Has Mossberg developed any
new Blaze specific Pic rails yet ? I've looked around & all existing kits (attached pic)
are out of stock. Any input/advice welcome. Thanks in advance. :cheers:Mossberg Pic rail kit.jpg

I haven't seen much for aftermarket support for the Blaze. Is the top of the receiver already tapped for mounting a rail?

I had the same problem with my Mossberg 464.

I ended up finding a rail for a Thompson pistol, made by Kwiksite (sp ?), which I was able to modify by cutting it shorter and drilling a hole.

The key factor was that the curvature of the Thompson rail matched the curvature of the Mossberg receiver.

I haven't seen much for aftermarket support for the Blaze. Is the top of the receiver already tapped for mounting a rail?
No, just a dove tail groove on the plastic receiver. Which is unfortunate since any scope/rail that will fit the 3/8 base will have to come off everytime we clean or disassemble. :brick:

Yeah, 9mm is a frog hair (like .5mm) smaller than 3/8. So, it should work. Not a ton of risk for 18 bucks either.

Ok, here's the pic rail mounted on the Blaze.
Next will probably be the TruGlo red dot to complete this cheapie rig.
Thank you btw for all the fyi's !

pic rail 2.jpgTruGlo.jpg

Ok, so I bought & mounted the TruGlo on the pic rail but had to return it due to a cracked lens.

I'm thinking of replacing it with the Bushnell TRS-25, would this fit on top the of 3/8 dovetail or pic rail though ?
How can you tell if it fits ?

Both pics below :

Attachments

• red dot truglo.jpg
    red dot truglo.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Bushnell TRS25.jpg
    Bushnell TRS25.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 5
For sure it will. The base of the red dot sight is adjustable. It will mount up exactly like the Tru-Glo did. All the red dot sights are compatible with 1913 picatinny rails. Your rail is meant to be a go between dovetail, weaver and picatinny.

Good to go! Let 'er rip!

For sure it will. The base of the red dot sight is adjustable. It will mount up exactly like the Tru-Glo did. All the red dot sights are compatible with 1913 picatinny rails. Your rail is meant to be a go between dovetail, weaver and picatinny.

Good to go! Let 'er rip!
Thanks again, hopefully I get the Canadian made Bushnell & not the chinese clone.

Cheers !

Back