• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Autonomous HD systems

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
The future of home defense :mrgreen: :

images

The fully armed Modular Advanced Armed Robotic System (MAARS) is a robot capable of working on the front lines. It features multiple onboard day and night cameras and motion detectors, an acoustic microphone, a hostile fire detection system, and a speaker system. It also has non-lethal laser dazzlers and audio deterrents, less-than-lethal grenades, menacing grenade launchers, and medium machine guns.

http://news.cnet.com/2300-11386_3-10017023.html

There are some other systems pictured at the link also.

GunnyGene said:
The future of home defense :mrgreen: :

images

The fully armed Modular Advanced Armed Robotic System (MAARS) is a robot capable of working on the front lines. It features multiple onboard day and night cameras and motion detectors, an acoustic microphone, a hostile fire detection system, and a speaker system. It also has non-lethal laser dazzlers and audio deterrents, less-than-lethal grenades, menacing grenade launchers, and medium machine guns.

http://news.cnet.com/2300-11386_3-10017023.html

There are some other systems pictured at the link also.

That's an oxymoron...

Ever seen Terminator 3 where the machines turn on us?

All of the less than lethal equipment would make it useful in crowd and riot control.

Feasibly, it would allow for quick change of virtually any weapon type.

Whether CS canister mortars or belt fed machineguns.

I have been eyeballing one of those scooter battery powered chairs for a while and thinking how easy it would be to swap the joystick controller for a battery powered radio servo's like remote control vehicles use.

But that's just me thinking out loud.

John A. said:
I have been eyeballing one of those scooter battery powered chairs for a while and thinking how easy it would be to swap the joystick controller for a battery powered radio servo's like remote control vehicles use.

That's great! Please think out loud more often :) . Here I was messing around making my own 30 round magazines (need to get back to that too) and you are thinking about converting scooters to a weapons platform.

LOL

I'm sure between both of us, we could probably hollow out the arm rest on one of those scooters and pop a spring in there and use it as a very large capacity magazine. We should be able to get it to hold at least a couple hundred pistol rounds per arm rest.

Maybe even run pneumatic hoses to the tire valves and use the tires as an auxillary emergency flamethrower tanks.

Beware of running over nails in the road though LOL

Poof.

I watched too much A-Team and MacGyver back in the day. :lol:

It won’t be so cool when we are facing them down because they have no conscious, no remorse and no problem with fighting the people solders refuse to engage. Don’t even need a solder to run one, just some teenager operating on empty government promises......sorry I'm such a pessimist but I don’t trust the people who invent or run these things for the government, never will.......buzz kill out lol

That's more likely the future of infantry units. UAVs first, now these.

My only problem with this sort of technology is the potential for it's abuse by governments. A drone can't disobey an illegal order.

Back