• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AVG and Youtube problem

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
I've been trying to solve a issue with Youtube video's crashing my internet connection for a few months, and finally figured out what the problem was. I run AVG virus scanner - the paid version, not the freebee - which has a built in Video Accelerator. Apparently Youtube doesn't like this. Disabled it as follows and Youtube problem went away. :D

You can disable it in AVG Tools -> Web Browseing Protection-> Online Shield -> untick "Enable AVG Accelerator".

This is your destination in the 2013 version of AVG. I don't know for sure, but the same or similar problems may occur with other video accelerators, so if you're having this problem try disabling or removing the accelerator.

AVGaccelerator.jpg

Im taking note of this. Ive been running the free version for years and have not had an issue but will file this away in case one pops up

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

MikeD said:
Im taking note of this. Ive been running the free version for years and have not had an issue but will file this away in case one pops up

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

The Accelerator isn't included in the free version. I'd also been running the freebee for a few years without any issues, but decided to buy it about 6 months ago. It's got some advantages over the free ver that I like, but sure wasn't expecting this particular problem. It was driving me nuts. Worked fine everywhere except youtube videos. I sent them an email about it, so maybe they'll fix it someday. I read a lot of posts on geek sites about the disconnect/crash issue, but nobody knew what the hell was going on until recently. Nobody had made the connection to AVG, and were blaming the problem on YouTube, Microsoft, Intel, and everybody else.

Thanks for the info, Gunny. I run the free version so I haven't had any issues...

Had the same problem and eventually tracked it back through the diagnostic tree to AVG. Drove me nuts for about a month. If I wanted to watch a YouTube video, I had to use my older computer. In my case I just bought a brand new Lenovo with Windows 8 installed. I put AVG on it first thing to "Protect" my new $700 computer. I was blaming Windows 8. I nicknamed it Windows H8. :lol:

Back