• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bought my first mossberg 590A1

bsipes30

.270 WIN
Well here is my first post, I just recently bought my first mossberg 18.5" 590A1 with the collapsable stock. I also have a Charles Daly 26" 20 gauge, Springfield XD9 sub compact, Glenfield model 10, and the fiance has a ruger lcp. Now to the point... I haven't even gotten to shoot this sg and the only things i've done to it is add the +1 choate extension and my 18.5" barrel is on it's way to AIMPro tactical right now for the heat shield to be installed. I have the version with the 3 dot sights and so Mike is going to have to notch the heat shield out and re parkerize it so that it looks good. I'm pretty excited about it and it felt like i was shipping one of my kids away for school even though i haven't even shot it yet!
Anyways... the point im really getting at is does anyone have the same setup... 3 dot sights with a heatshield from AIMPRO? I would like to see pictures if you do!

looking forward to posting more than reading. but i had to learn a little before i started posting.

I have a 3 dot and I also have a heat shield on the way, I was going to remove the read sight, I also have a rail on the receiver where I will be adding a better red dot than I have, Some day.
I just received my +1 from Nordic and installed it last night.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3451

I hope to have my heat shield soon.
Best of luck

I'm planning on leaving the stock 3 dot sights on it. I thought about removing the rear sight but i kinda like it. so my heat shield will have a nice little square cut out of it. if i ever decided to get a better sight i would have to get rid of the heat shield.

Thanks guys i appreciate the warm welcome. I have been shooting for a long time but Im pretty excited about this shotgun.

Please post some pictures and a range report when you get a chance...!!

I will Shooter13 as soon as i get my barrel back. They are probably just getting my box today at AIMPRO and i'm not sure what their turn around time is on this project but i'm ready to have it back already.

HI! I've meanin to get to this thread for some time now!

That sounds like a cool set up, I havent seen anything like it before, this will be the first!

Let us know how it all goes!!!

I talked with aim pro today and they said could be anywhere from 3-6 weeks. On a plus note I'm going to also have them magnaport the barrel. Should look good and shoot better. I'm not sure how many times I will clean and oil the rest of the gun in the next month or so waiting on the barrel to get here.

bsipes30 said:
I'm not sure how many times I will clean and oil the rest of the gun in the next month or so waiting on the barrel to get here.

Sux you gotta wait man... but dang that gun is gonna be CLEAN!!! :D

It should look pretty good. I bought the mossberg because I know it's reliable and will last. I did a little shopping today and ordered a magpul afg and the mako forend. Hopefully it's not to much crap that it looks bad. So to date there will be the magpul afg, mako forend, chote +1 extension, aimpro custom heat shield and the barrel job by aimpro... And I haven't even shot it. Hopefully at the beginning of April I'll have pictures to show off. Guess I could post pictures of the other guns. Do I post them here or in another post

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction L.E.S. I got the picture thing figured out i think... so here is the before picture of my 590A1 model number 53690. this one has the highest list price of all the 590A1's on mossberg webpage at $783.00 and I think i paid $521.00 here in Oklahoma.

232323232%7Ffp537%3A6%3Enu%3D3869%3E7%3C%3A%3E99%3B%3E295%3A7%3C%3A%3A8%3C239ot1lsi

Interesting...
I have the same basic M590, But I have a speed feed stock, Yet mine was only $400. However that was a year ago.

^^^--- Is yours an a1 also? Prices seem high here. but the last time i bought a gun was on base in alaska from the BX... it was a cx4 storm and it was only 600 bucks... now a days in oklahoma they seem to be quite a bit higher than that. But honestly when i saw that shotgun i just fell in love with it.

On a side note VitSports6 i saw your heat shield was coming in!

Back