• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

buying brass

blue

20g
What do you get? It almost seems cheaper to buy inexpensive rounds and police your brass. Are remington unfired brass worth $21 to $24 per 100 when I can get PMC factory rounds for $28 for 100 or less? I don't tend to reload a case more than 6 times or so, and the PMC lasts that long.

I'm not challenging the concept. I'm just wondering from anyone who has done it if you're getting such a better product from remington.

A lot of this is coming from the fact that I'm starting competition this fall when the kids go back to school, and unlike normal range work, I'm not going to be able to police my brass, so after each competition I'm going to need to restock what I shoot.

A while back, I contacted Paraklese Tech for some specialized shotgun loads for my 20ga.
(can't find 0 or 00 buck in 20ga.)
They could not fill the order in any reasonable time frame and they explained that that the major manufacturers in the U.S. were charging an arm and leg for hulls. They had to order hulls from Italy and it took forever to ship. Don't know if it also applies to brass also, but I would assume so.

Toby has claimed the brass! As soon as I get it counted and shipped, I'll close the thread...

Quite honestly, the prices being charged for new or even once-fired brass is oftentimes ridiculously high. I agree with you, sometimes it's smart to just buy WWB, PMC, S&B or Blazer Brass ammo rather than pay for brass to which you then have to add bullets and primers and powder. I wouldn't pay even $10/100 for new cases.

Of course, if you are sitting on a bunch of brass it's sensible to reload. Lacking enough brass however, I'd buy factory every time to shoot and start building up my acquired brass reserves.

Good question, Blue!

Rossignol said:
Toby has claimed the brass! As soon as I get it counted and shipped, I'll close the thread...

excellent...

sorry Blue.

Blast from the past :lol: . I've bought from "once fired" once. worked out fine. I buy 1lb at my club of fired brass for around $4. Comes out to about 100 pieces. Of course they aren't guaranteed "once fired" and I do have to sort pretty carefully.

Well the initial post was from august. Short on? I always need 45 acp and 9mm. This all started when having 200 pieces of each caliber wasn't enough anymore. I went from casual range shooting and a single stage press to shooting a lot and a progressive.

Need any 9mm Luger brass? I probably have more than I'll need, so I'd give you some if you still aren't where you want to be.

I get my .45ACP & .308 brass from gibrass.com

He is selling the ACP for .10 each and 9mm for .07 cents each. I remember buying 800 a couple years ago for $6/100 and I am still reloading them. The shells are packaged in bags of 100 and all were great quality.

nitesite said:
Need any 9mm Luger brass? I probably have more than I'll need, so I'd give you some if you still aren't where you want to be.

Definitely. However I'd rather give something in return if at all possible. Do you fly fish? I'm a tyer.

Just shoot me a PM with an address and I'll get some cleaned and tumbled 9mm brass out in the mail to you.

I appreciate the thoughtful offer of giving back but I've been doing this karma thing for a long time and it somehow always eventually comes back to me in ways that I least expect it. The giving is always better than the receiving.

nitesite wrote: "...been doing this karma thing for a long time and it somehow always eventually comes back to me in ways that I least expect it. The giving is always better than the receiving."

==========================

Amen to that Bro !!

...+1 KARMA rep for you ! ;)

Back