• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Differences between the 590 and 590M receivers?

nvflash, thanks for the reference on weight. This is about what I'd heard for a plain jane configurtion. Thus when folks add various accessories will add additional weight.

Interesting idea and guess we'll see over time how it sells. Hopefully the cost of magazines will come down if someone other than the OEM starts making them.

Regards

My fully loaded Shockwave (8+1) sits at 6.4lbs…
Still got the crow foot grip?

14 inch barrel?

It has it's uses but hunting would not really be one of them, less you can sneak in and get real close.

The gun weighted was the heavy walled barrel that comes on the upgraded version of the gun, with the heat shield and GRS. I'm not sure the lower priced one has the heavy walled barrel, so it maybe lighter, but still 9 1/2 pounds is not bad for an 18.5 inch heavy walled barrel and 10 rounds of ammunition.

Stock shockwave Nightstick, 14”+ heavywall barrel. Laser saddle and DT mini kit. I found I didn’t like the Nightstick hardware so I put on an aluminum forend and a modified birds head/ raptor/ whatever you want to call it, from Shockwave Technology with the finger grips from the Hogue overmold grip. I only have it for home defense anyway lol.BA3FF88C-49A5-4CEB-A939-8843C1344D40.jpeg

Stock shockwave Nightstick, 14”+ heavywall barrel. Laser saddle and DT mini kit. I found I didn’t like the Nightstick hardware so I put on an aluminum forend and a modified birds head/ raptor/ whatever you want to call it, from Shockwave Technology with the finger grips from the Hogue overmold grip. I only have it for home defense anyway lol.View attachment 29255
That holds 8+1?

Cool, that's what I figured the shorty rounds, sadly the 590M only takes the 2 3/4 rounds, but that's just the trade-off for the mag.

Should be good for home defense like you have it setup, tho I'd add a powerful light to it, but that's just me.

I'm hoping one day Mossberg makes the 930M, I'll save some pennies to get one of those.......

Yeah, I’ve enjoyed the mini shells the few times I’ve fired them. That pic shows pretty well that a regular shell contains about the same amount of “ active ingredients “ as the mini’s do, with the extra length taken up by longer wads or buffers. As far as lights, I live alone so my house is always lighted inside and out, all night, which doesn’t effect the green laser at all. Everything the laser points to results in a hole in “something “ lol

Back