• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Experiences with Eotech on a 590a1?

toms

.22LR
Hi Folks:
Does anyone have any personal experience using an Eotech 512 on a 590a1? How did the sight hold up?
Thanks!!

I have used the 512 on numerous calibers including shotguns.

No issues.

For what it's worth I've run an $80MRDS on my 590 and 930 since 2011 and it's taken all the abuse I can put it through. I run EOTechs on three of my carbines and they're excellent sights, but in my opinion (and that might not be worth much) they are complete and utter overkill on a shotgun. That being said, I have no doubt that a 512 would hold up to 12ga recoil for extended use...

The EoTech can take a whole lot of punishment. The XPS series even more.

For what it's worth I've run an $80MRDS on my 590 and 930 since 2011 and it's taken all the abuse I can put it through. I run EOTechs on three of my carbines and they're excellent sights, but in my opinion (and that might not be worth much) they are complete and utter overkill on a shotgun. That being said, I have no doubt that a 512 would hold up to 12ga recoil for extended use...

If you dont mine me asking, what are you using specificaly?
Thanks!

I am not currently running an Eotech on that 500 any more, but I really liked the reticle (1 moa center and 65 moa ring). It gives me a good reference point of where the shot pattern is going to be within (at least within self defense distances and I like the 1 moa center dot for more precision of shooting slugs).

With that said, I do not have the Eotech on the shotgun right now. Though I did install a Bushnell Trophy 4 reticle optic on it that has the same basic circle dot pattern as the Eotech, but a smaller diameter outer ring (which picks up the attention from my eye even faster than the Eo).

I have used it for plinking, hunting, and a few friendly competitions and they have always both served me well.

The guns that I currently have the Eotech installed on all have one or more tax stamps with them: MP5K, 10.5" AR, and an M10A1 SMG w/Lage upper.

Back