• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First purpose built police patrol rifle ammo

yeah, I want this flavor.....haven't seen these projectiles for reloading yet

I have the Barnes TSX 62gr load and a dope chart for hunting this fall. Accurate bullet in my Mossberg MVP 18.5" medium bull barrel. 100 yards made a clover leaf with the first 3 shots.

your going to love that load WM, if you get to put it in an animal

those 50gr in the article are special in some way they got them going through barriers and performing on the other side like nothing ever happened

regular TSX was expanding on the barrier and just acting like a slug on the other side

Thanks oli. I recall you mentioning this Black Hills 50-gr load recently. I really want to buy some that's for sure. I'd need about $200 worth though. Ugggh

Thanks oli. I recall you mentioning this Black Hills 50-gr load recently. I really want to buy some that's for sure. I'd need about $200 worth though. Ugggh
Hope it works out you get some in your rifle, makes me feel better you have the best you can get , just in case

Hope it works out you get some in your rifle, makes me feel better you have the best you can get , just in case

Betcha I appreciate those good thoughts, pard. I'm gonna get some 50-gr, for sure. I really like that in addition to terminal performance it mimics M193 in trajectory!

I'm running the 62-gr TAC-X all-copper Barnes for now.

Oh yeah , just found the article because I have been scouring the net trying to find the projectiles.....I might try some standard TSX in 50 .....and really push them , see what they do in the pistol.

I can get the 62 local and will I'm just on this light fast kick right now

So you think based on your research that the 62-gr is a significantly inferior projo?

Oh god no, in your rifle I would totally go with it . I honestly think they should have put the barrier technology in the 62 grain but I think velocity plays into how the 50 gr performed somehow .....beyond me

But I initially ran into the 50 gr load researching short barrel loads.
From what I understand Black Hills initially went to Barnes and wanted to develop this load for short barrels.
It happens to be very devastating from short barrels but I don't think it does the barrier magic

The 55-gr monolithic copper projo looks impressive enough that I am testing and probably carrying it soon, since all my Barnes 62 TAC-X were careful hand loads and I don't want to constantly replicate those cartridges. It isn't that I can't or am unwilling to. But for a buck fifty each shot this is looking like it will be as good as my hand loads that seated the Barnes 62-gr TSX bullet.

CLICK the GELATINE tab....

http://www.hornadyle.com/products/rifle-ammunition/556-nato/55-gr-gmx-tap-barrier

What is not to appreciate how the weight retention and penetration are so favorable?

I used to have some 60 gr barriers, but they were not made of solid copper. They were essentially just relabled from whatever their red plastic tip line was at the time.
Glad to see this.

Back