• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First time

JDXX

.22LR
Hello from Central Oregon,

I picked up my first shotgun a few months ago. Was one of those store model Mossberg 500s with composite furniture with the 18.5 and 28 inch barrels.

Well as it turned out I was unhappy with my gun light set up on my AR15 so I figured I'll just change the forend on the Mossberg and put it on there. Hahaha, so it began.

So thanks to all the great info on here I now had a sweet tactical Mossy 500 with an extra barrel and set of furniture.

I didn't take long to find a new take off receiver with magazine tube, spring, follower and safety on Gun broker. A quick search on eBay found me a new trigger group and a package of the rest of the parts to complete what will be my second Mossberg 500! I'm currently just waiting on the receiver to clear at my FFL dealer.

And that's the story of how it's all of your alls fault that I now will have not one but two Mossberg 500s!

I will introduce the shotguns themselves in separate threads as I seek to find answers for the continued evolutions of my sweet shotties.

Thank you for everything!

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your Mossberg family.

Back