• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

full pic of hybrid model with dust cover and foward assist b

geh3333

.22LR
715t dust cover and forward assist

Here is a couple pics of my 715t , this is a cross between the flat top and the handle top , best. Of both . Select pic to see whole pic

Attachments

• IMG_20130310_223104.jpg
    IMG_20130310_223104.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_20130310_223123.jpg
    IMG_20130310_223123.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 409
Hybrid of both models with added dust cover and forward assist button. This is a flat top model with the handled receiver cover which has the gas reflector and the forward assist housing. I ordered an AR dust cover and the forward assist button and installed them for show. Let me know what u think. . Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20130311_002617.jpg
    IMG_20130311_002617.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 460
Re: full pic of hybrid model with dust cover and foward assi

Thats sweet, i was just looking at the ejection port covers but i wasnt sure if they would fit or be to long and look wrong.

I also found a gromet that fell off some electronics device i have i was going to use as a forward assist button but i like yours better.

IMO all thos extras would look better if the receiver was painted and the little things were left black.

Thanks , i am still debating a paint job . Im just a little worried about how it will turn out. Ive seen some good ones and some that really look bad

So where did you get the parts? did you buy 2 of these? Do the iron sites work between the 2?

It kinda looked like the flat top had a lower front sight then the handle version. Ide like to buy a flat top front grip section but i didnt think they sold it?

Re: 715t dust cover and forward assist

How did you do the door and the forward assist can you explain how you did it? what parts? what assist button? what size hole?

Also where did you get the other case parts? where did you get the receiver case or the forehand grip parts?

looks good

BowerR64 said:
So where did you get the parts? did you buy 2 of these? Do the iron sites work between the 2?

It kinda looked like the flat top had a lower front sight then the handle version. Ide like to buy a flat top front grip section but i didnt think they sold it?[/quote

I did buy both first the flat top then i saw the handled version which had an adjustable stock unlike the flat top model which i bought first. I also liked the more detailed plastic receiver cover with the gas reflector and the forward assist housing. The handled version had the cheap non adjustable plastic front sight. So i used the shorter front rail grip and the good adjustable iron sight, along with the shorter barrel with the flash supressor. The front sight needed raised to get it sighted in butit workedout good. I ended up selling the other leftover 715

geh3333 said:
BowerR64 said:

It kinda looked like the flat top had a lower front sight then the handle version. Ide like to buy a flat top front grip section but i didnt think they sold it?[/quote

I did buy both first the flat top then i saw the handled version which had an adjustable stock unlike the flat top model which i bought first. I also liked the more detailed plastic receiver cover with the gas reflector and the forward assist housing. The handled version had the cheap non adjustable plastic front sight. So i used the shorter front rail grip and the good adjustable iron sight, along with the shorter barrel with the flash supressor. The front sight needed raised to get it sighted in butit workedout good. I ended up selling the other leftover 715

Cool, i didnt realize the FT was that different.

This is just great...
I had a plan to finish up tactikoolin my rifles , and "what'dyaknow"...more cool , gotta do , ideas :shock:
More parts to order...dustcover x2 , forward assist button x2...
....it's not gonna stop , is it ...

I need to know how you attached them ,
I like it... :twisted:

For the dust cover i drilled a hole into the receiver cover to the right of the ejection port where the surface starts to raise. And to the left of the ej port i used an epoxy to glue a carved piece of plastic in which i drilled a hole for the otherside of the hinge to slide into. The spring works but of course the d cover on't close. I bought a f assist button cap an a wooden rod cut and sanded the rod , drilled a hole down through the ceenter of the piece of wood painted it gloss black and screwed it to the assist housing, then atached the cap. It turned out really good. Let me know how yours turns out

Back