• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good day out with the 12GA's

Went over a buddy of mine and he can shoot shotgun on his property so we had a little fun.

I brought my new Benelli Supernova, 590A1 and my new Double Barrel Coach Gun. The Supernova is one awesome setup and hands down the 12 GA I want in my hands when given the choice. The 590A1 is a beauty as well, first time shooting it since installing the Knoxx stock and she is a sweethart. Shot over 100 birdshot rounds, close to 100 00 buck rounds and just over 50 slugs. The double barrel was fun and surprised bothe my Buddy and myself how good the pattern stayed at around 25 yards with 00 Buck..
Really wanted to shoot my Saiga .308 before I order the conversion kit for it but his land wouldn't allow it.

Glad to hear you got to get out and shoot today! I got to go out and enjoy my Mossberg 930 autoloader today in a sporting clays tournament. Which kit are you going with on your Saiga .308?

Or just this basic kit.
http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com ... Kit/Detail

Mainly seems the trigger needs redoing no matter what and I must say the stock "stock" that came with this Saiga is complete and utter crap. Even my wife said the gun sounded fake, like a toy. The consensus is that Saiga figures you must do the conversion and to keep it legal they can only be imported with the sporter style stock so they comply but it is garbage. Other than that it's suppose to be a good shooter so if the $150 conversion makes the weapon than thats all good being I'll have my AK in 308 Caliber!!!

Well keep us updated on your Siaga .308 build as I look forward to seeing which path you end up taking.

I'll keep ya posted CC. I do wanna shoot this thing stock though before I convert anything but I may order the kit very soon. This conversion is very involved but not too too bad. The rivets holding the original trigger housing in place need to be drill out and basically completely rebuild the trigger mechanism. Both of the kits I linked too have everything needed to do the complete job. Suppose to be a pretty darn good shooter after all that :roll: :D

Back