• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello there....

Diggs392

.22LR
New mossberg owner and new to the site. I just purchased a 702 Plinkster this past week; got the one that came as a combo with the black synthetic stock and Barska 4X scope. I do have a few questions about it though..... I am wondering if anyone could help me as far as "tricking" it out. First off; I would like to purchase a sling for it; but notice that there are no studs on it to mount the sling.... Secondly, I would like to get a bipod for it.... mainly for bench shooting (also; the gun club I am looking to join here in VA has a lot of "milsim" target matches.... a lot of prone position shooting, and some night time range shooting as well). Third; as I stated; the club has night time; or "darkness falls" matches where there are no lights at the range other than in the Main areas (parking lot, sidewalks to the club house, etc.) so am also looking for a decent flashlight mount for it as well to help light up targets being shot at. I have done a search; and have realized that there are not a whole lot of accessories for this gun, but could not pass it up considering the price. Is there anyone on here who could direct me in the right direction as far as obtaining these accessories and proper way of mounting them. I have little to no gunsmith experience, so do not want anything that I will have to do any major modifications with.

I'm not sure how far back it is but there is a full topic about 702 accessories! Should help you out :) here's a pic from the topic
6yzeza3u.jpg

Hello Diggs392. Welcome from NY and congrats on your new Mossy.

Sling studs are easy to attach. The rear can be a wood screw version as the synth stock on s 702 has enough material for a solid grab. The front is probably better to mount with a machine screw. There is room in the stock beneath the barrel to accomodate that.

I saw the black synth 702 on special at Cabelas this weekend for $99.99 ($107 always at Walmart). Bipod, decent light, sling studs, sling (optics?) - you'll spend that and more BUT you know what you want and why - sounds like fun too!

The front sling stud and bipod can be combined but you will probably need the light in front of that - pushing the bipod back. A Magpul rail can be mounted in a lot of locations - room for a side mount light?
Different stock?

I'll take a look at my 702. I'd stay off the barrel as it floats nicely as-is and helps make the 702 the underdog surprise of a shooter that it is!

Welcome to the forum!

First off hey from South Dalota. I think with the additions you want to make I would have gone with the 715 same 702 inside differnt caseing that you could attach all the things you want on it. I did put a sling on mine I purchased the set of sling studs with one screw in for the back and on with a backing plate for the front you could attach a bi-pod there. The light is a differnt matter as the front of the stock has no flat surface you would have to attach a rail to the side of the rifle should be no big deal just drilling a couple of holes. Good luck and enjoy.

Back