• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I come to you with hat in hand...

Shore-T

Copper BB
First off thank you for the add. I am looking to see if someone knows the bolt size required to attach a pistol grip on a Mossberg Maverick 88? I am building this weapon for my daughter and she/I would prefer the pistol grip vice the stock. I have a pistol grip that I used on a Mossberg 500 but I lost the bolt. Can you help? Thanks. God Bless America. Best. Shore-T sends...

Welcome.

Polymer 500 pistol grip-1 1/4"-long- 5/16 18 thread.Measured from end of bolt to shoulder.
Uses a 7/16"thick lock washer.This is from a stock Mossberg pistol grip.

old mossy, thanks for the rapid response. I'm guessing I can find that size/type bolt and washer at one of the big box stores. Thanks again.

It's a good idea when putting in a new bolt for the pistol grip or stock bolt to insure the bolt is not too long to take out the trigger group.
Just my thoughts to make sure it's correct length.
The end of the bolt should be flush with the inside of the receiver.

Thanks to all who responded. Copy all. The Allen Bolt pictured above is what I remember it looking like. Will check with one of the big box stores and see if I can find one which is 1 1/4"-long- 5/16 18 thread with a 7/16"thick lock washer. As an aside, and so as not to reinvent the wheel, are there any aftermarket barrel heat shields that are recommended for the Maverick 88 20 gauge with a 18.5 barrel? I have been looking at a site called www.combathunting.com, but they all ref is the Maverick 88 12 gauge. Are the 12 gauge heat shield interchangeable with the 20 gauge? Thanks again. Best. Shore-T sends...

It's a good idea when putting in a new bolt for the pistol grip or stock bolt to insure the bolt is not too long to take out the trigger group.
Just my thoughts to make sure it's correct length.
The end of the bolt should be flush with the inside of the receiver.

This is good advice.

I broke the little tab on the back of my hammer which essentially deactivated my safety altogether.

It was completely my fault, but the bolt being too long is what caused it.

Back