Man with WWI explosive lodged in his rectum sparks bomb scare, hospital evacuationThe case left doctors shellshocked.
A French hospital was partially evacuated Saturday after a senior citizen arrived with a World War I artillery shell lodged in his rectum.
The 88-year-old patient visited Hospital Sainte Musse in Toulon to have the antique explosive removed — but instead sparked a “bomb scare,” French publication Var-Matin reported.
“An emergency occurred from 9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. on Saturday evening that required the intervention of bomb disposal personnel, the evacuation of adult and pediatric emergencies as well as the diversion of incoming emergencies,” a hospital spokesperson stated.
“We had to manage the risk in a reactive framework,” the rep added. “When in doubt, we took all the precautions.”
Oh, shell no! The World War I relic measured almost 8 inches in length and more than 2 inches in girth.
Bomb disposal experts at the scene determined there was little possibility the shell would explode inside the man.
“They reassured us by telling us that it was a collector’s item from the First World War, used by the French military,” the hospital stated.
Stunned doctors subsequently began the process of trying to remove the object — which measured almost 8 inches in length and more than 2 inches in girth — from the man’s rectum.
It’s believed the pervy patient inserted the item up his anus for sexual pleasure.
“An apple, a mango or even a can of shaving foam, we are used to finding unusual objects inserted where they shouldn’t be,” one doctor declared. “But a shell? Never!”