• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

International Hunter Education Association

Nice find, I bookmarked to check out when I have more time!!! Just skimmed through for now, lots of info there!!!

i did the home study course and tried to sign up at cabela's in east hartford for the hunting license course and it was all booked up. then the drama llama showed up at my house and so i'll be waiting till the fall to get my license and go hunting for turkeys....but in the mean time..i'm getting all my stuff in order.& i'll be ready.

they called me on the last minute. so i went to class!!!

passed my course! i had 4 wrong. but it was the 3rd highest score in the class. only one person got a 100% ...silly tricky questions. i need to post up my .22 target shots....everyone gets 5 shots. i did great. better at shooting than testing...

iZajr.jpg

i was using a remington score master supplied by the instructor, the state had about 5 rifles for us to use, i decided to use one that wasn't beat up.....

all four 9's and bulls eye 10....i was sitting at a table with my elbows on the table. not bad eh? the instructor thought i was missing, till i brought it up to show em...lol

just got my certificate of completion in mail today! i'll be going to get my license this weekend? or next week.

I about soiled myself when I went to get my Hunting License here in Cali. I found out I had to complete a 10 hour hunters education course and pass a 100 question test. I'm originally from Tx so this was almost laughable to me.
But I did a course on line that took about an hour and ended with 85 questions. Passed that. That gave me credit for 4 hours of the instruction. Then I slid into a weekend class that weekend that cost $25.00 I think for an additional 6 hours and another 100 question test. missed two on that one so I passed that too.
It did bring back some old memories and even taught me a thing or two. Plus we got lunch. For me personally, it didn't really provide alot of new information, just refreshed some old ones that had disappeared in the old memory banks. Plus, it covered everything from a Flintlock to Bows. I don't think I am ever going to use a Muzzle Loader, But I guess I'm covered now if I do. ;)
Paul

Looks like a good study course...Thanks for posting it Doc !!

ripjack13 said:
they called me on the last minute. so i went to class!!!

passed my course! i had 4 wrong. but it was the 3rd highest score in the class. only one person got a 100% ...silly tricky questions. i need to post up my .22 target shots....everyone gets 5 shots. i did great. better at shooting than testing...
your hunters ed class had a shooting portion???

raven01750 said:
I about soiled myself when I went to get my Hunting License here in Cali. I found out I had to complete a 10 hour hunters education course and pass a 100 question test. I'm originally from Tx so this was almost laughable to me.
But I did a course on line that took about an hour and ended with 85 questions. Passed that. That gave me credit for 4 hours of the instruction. Then I slid into a weekend class that weekend that cost $25.00 I think for an additional 6 hours and another 100 question test. missed two on that one so I passed that too.
It did bring back some old memories and even taught me a thing or two. Plus we got lunch. For me personally, it didn't really provide alot of new information, just refreshed some old ones that had disappeared in the old memory banks. Plus, it covered everything from a Flintlock to Bows. I don't think I am ever going to use a Muzzle Loader, But I guess I'm covered now if I do. ;)
Paul
funny, the places that need hunters the worst are the ones that make it the most difficult. :roll:

Yea, it does seem strange sometimes. Considering how much money and conservation efforts hunters contribute to the environment. You would think the people out here would eat that up.
Paul

yes they had a shooting portion on the last day, before the test, 22s and a 20g shotty for skeet. 5 shots per person per gun. i got 3 outa 5 on the skeet..

Back