• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Man loses life savings on carnival game

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
A New Hampshire man who thought he had a decent ball toss says he lost his life savings—or about $2,600—playing a carnival game he claims was rigged.

Henry Gribbohm told WBZ-TV that he was attempting to win an Xbox Kinect at the Manchester carnival when things went awry.

The 30-year-old from Epsom, N.H., was playing a game called Tubs of Fun in which contestants toss balls into a tub, but the balls kept popping out.

“It’s not possible that it wasn’t rigged,” Gribbohm said. “You just get caught up in the whole ‘I’ve got to win my money back.’”

Gribbohm lost $300, WBZ-TV reports, "went home to get $2,300 more and soon lost all of that as well."

Manchester police are investigating the incident, and New Hampshire-based Fiesta Shows, which produces the traveling carnival, is pulling Tubs of Fun for the time being.

Gribbohm, who managed to win a stuffed banana with dreadlocks before dropping $2,600, says he's considering a lawsuit.

“For once in my life I happened to become that sucker,” Gribbohm said.

link

The link has a video. A couple of the comments are priceless.

I saw this earlier. He got everything he deserved. The picture with the giant dreadlock banana is a classic. This actually sounded like something that theonion.com would make up.

Is that a dreadlocked banana in your stroller or are you just happy to see me? LOL...all those carnival games are rigged..

Re: RE: Man loses life savings on carnival game

"Stupid is as stupid does" I think everyone in New Hampshire has as many brain cells

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

Hey.......I'm from new Hampshire! ...and no I didn't vote for the guy that shines the seat in the oval office with his a$$ neither time!

"The games are rigged"

Ya think?? There's been numerous consumer reports proving this as far back as I can remember.

Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

I can't vouch for everyone here in NH but I will say this if I had $2,600 I would have went to game stop or something to buy the stupid x box instead!

A fool and his money are soon parted.

And, hey, I'm from NH and I hear a lot of silly coming from CA especially around the LA area... :p

I think the phrase "Play stupid games; win stupid prizes" applies here. :lol:

You have to think that if this guy did it, there must be more.....

Re: RE: Man loses life savings on carnival game

I hope he doesn't reproduce

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

You can't fix stupid. I remember a few years back when a $50 DPMS lower parts kit for an AR went for $175 on Ebay because a couple of idiots got into a pissing contest.

Back