• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 30.06 firing pin issue?

jrpoland1

Copper BB
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I purchased a Maverick 30.06 about 2 weeks ago and I went to my range to sight in the scope. The first two rounds fired with no issues. I could not fire after that. The firing pin is striking the primer of the cartridge, but not hard enough (it leaves a small indentation). I tried a number of cartridges trying to see if it was the rifle or the cartridge.

Before I send it back under warranty for repair, is this a common/simple problem to resolve? I searched the forum (admittedly very quickly), but I didn't see anything there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. I have done some online research on these rifles and have never heard of anyone else having this problem. I personally own and have shot this model rifle. The only problem I had was a bolt release lever. My suggestion is to call Maverick and notify them. Provide them with your contact information (email or phone) and request to speak with a knowledgeable technician. They will provide you with great customer service and fast shipping. Again, Welcome. :)

Back