• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 152K / Assault weapon?

Bjack

Copper BB
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this but, today I went to a LGS and found a really nice 152K with original mag and what appeared to be original sling and in very good condition. As I was looking over the rifle there was another customer talking to one of the owners. I pulled down the front of the forearm to look over the condition of the barrel and the other customer asked me if that was a rest. I said yes or you can hold it as a grip, he thought that was pretty cool as so did I. However when the first owner seen that he immediately told me that he could not sell that to me because in Illinois it was now considered an assault rifle and the other owner then chimed in and said he too didnt realize the gun did that and they would have to sell it online in another state. Its a 22 rifle made in the early 1950's as far as I know, has a 7 or 8 shot mag and its considered an assault rifle? I was ready to but this rifle and still will if anybody can figure out if I have a leg to stand here to go back to the owners with. If not, then its a very sad state of this union. Thanks for any help guys.

Sounds like those gun store owners are straight-up FUDDS! :rolleyes: I re-posted your post to a forum I belong to with a number of IL residents that are also gun eNthUsiasTS. I'll let you know what I get for replies... I found a pic online of the "feature" in question. I didn't know about this until you posted--learn something new every day! :) PS: what if they just unbolt the "grip" and sell it to you separately?

moss152.JPG

Sounds like those gun store owners are straight-up FUDDS! :rolleyes: I re-posted your post to a forum I belong to with a number of IL residents that are also gun eNthUsiasTS. I'll let you know what I get for replies... I found a pic online of the "feature" in question. I didn't know about this until you posted--learn something new every day! :) PS: what if they just unbolt the "grip" and sell it to you separately?

View attachment 30287
Yeah that's a great idea Bob! All they gotta do is take a pic with the fore grip removed...you know the thing that goes down?? LOL! And then just sell it it different parts.

Here is the answer I received:

"The Hellinois Semi-auto firearms ban, is a complete and utter POS.

But yes, in Hellinois that would be illegal to sell here (as of 1/10/23) due to the
forward grip on the stock, they are banning features.

If you owned one prior to 1/10/23, registration is required by 12/31/23, and
then you can keep it. Until they confiscate it. That legislation has been
introduced into committee in Shitsfield, aka Springfield."

The craziness is maddening. Oh wait, it's not craziness, it is an agenda. Like all communist countries the left wants to ban firearms so as to make it easier to control the subjects.

This is what happens when people ignore whats going on here in California (NRA DOES NOTHING IN CA NOW). California is the breading ground for all of the "laws" the rest of the US is now seeing.

California is the breading ground for all of the "laws" the rest of the US is now seeing.
I have hope for the rest of the country. :) Cali. IS the breeding ground for sub-intelligent politicians and sub-intelligent voters.
AND the illegitimate vote--ANY state or city that allows Illegal Invaders to vote should have ALL their votes disqualified.
I believe all voting should be done with a citizen ID card and this test passed with at least 70%.
Remember, it is only a TEST, you will not be deported if you fail... (although maybe you should be! :D )

Chicago and Illinois aint much better than California , and if you facture the weather into it they probably have a leg up on us.
As far as ID cards go the left will give them all id's so they can vote and vote for them. They are already taking better care of these so called migrants which are really just illegal invaders to this country, than they do to our homeless veterans!!! If the dem's win the white house, keep the senate and gain control of the house, we wont recognize this country in 10 years. "gun control" and confiscation are just part of it. Some day buying a gas stove might make you a felon.

Back