• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 195K-A with checkering?

Headhunter2

.270 WIN
Hi All, I just got back from a local gun show where I saw a 195K-A in a checkered stock. The seller said it was factory checkering. I didn't get pictures! Has anyone information on such a checkered stock on a 195K-A?

A quick Google search seems to indicate that a checkered stock on the 195K-A is likely a custom mod. I couldn't find any that had checkering.

I'm guessing the checkering must have looked pretty decent on the one you saw otherwise you wouldn't be asking if it was factory done. Sounds like someone either did it as a labor of love or paid a professional to have it done.

The other reason I asked if factory was it appeared pressed and not cut checkering. It would take a factory to set up for pressing process is my way of thinking.

The other reason I asked if factory was it appeared pressed and not cut checkering. It would take a factory to set up for pressing process is my way of thinking.
Can I ask what it was about the checkering that made you think it was pressed? I have seen checkering done by hand so perfect and even that you would swear it was done by machine.

"Can I ask what it was about the checkering that made you think it was pressed?"
How do I put it? It was not fine drawn but more open. Could have been done by hand but would have removed lots of wood. I now wish I had taken a picture of it. I may get to see it again as a friend knows the seller.

Post up a pic if you get the chance to see it again.

Back