• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 SPX tactical lever rifle

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Mossberg 464 SPX tactical lever rifle


Sent from my iPhone
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326761015.526435.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326761015.526435.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 5,031

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
As odd as it is, it is kind of cool in a weird way.
 

TomO2ool

.22LR
IN the old days yada yada ya 45 colt yada yada ya 45 schofield yada yada ya 45 70.
and today lever's casull Oh My :ugeek:
 

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Here is another image of the Mossberg 464 SPX Tactical Lever Rifle just released at SHOT Show 2012
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326783203.037450.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326783203.037450.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 4,966

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
The Mossberg 464 SPX Tactical Lever Rifle will be available in both .22LR anbd .30-30.
 

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Moderator
I'm not sure what to think about this. It look like some something that should have been in the movie Cowboys and Aliens.
 

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
+1 . I kinda like it. The pic looks like it's from the firearm image creator page. It has me interested. I wonder how comfortable it is?
 

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Moderator
THATS WHAT IT IS!!! I mean... youre right, thats what seems so familiar about it! The image creator!

I'm not entirely un-interested... I'm just scratching my head over the purpose. How its intended to be taken. The lever action is a capable hunting arm with plenty of calibers available for different game. Its range with irons or even a sight, and its accuracy is also acceptable.

But once a trirailed forend is added... what is the goal that is trying to be accomplished? Is this also going to be marketed to the 18 to 25 years of age crowd for home defense? A base or market otherwise uninterested in a lever action?

I'm thinkin if one wants a tactical carbine, there are other routes that make more sense.

That said, I guess because of the image creator, it looks familiar and intriguing at least! :D
 

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
only if they spent that time and money figuring out a nice telescoping stock for the 930.....they would make more money and have more happy customers
 

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
oli700 said:
only if they spent that time and money figuring out a nice telescoping stock for the 930.....they would make more money and have more happy customers


OK, I gotta go with you on that one.
 

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
I wonder hard it would be to modify one? Which model closely resembles the 930 stock assmbly?
 

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Moderator
MikeD said:
oli700 said:
only if they spent that time and money figuring out a nice telescoping stock for the 930.....they would make more money and have more happy customers


OK, I gotta go with you on that one.

I agree. This is one of my few complaints about OFM. Do stuff that makes sense and makes stuff better, like work on CS and eliminating re-occuring issues maybe? Make new fixtures and jigs so sights arent continuously soldered on all crooked like. And when something does have to be sent back to OFM, pick up the tab for shipping and just make it right the first time.

But we're talkin about a tac'd out lever gun. Yeah, put the R&D into things that make a better product. Tactical will only bring in so many new sales and at the same time potentially push away repeat customers.

Sorry, that was still off topic. The tac lever gun is like some kind of dirty fetish you know is wrong like Shooter said, but your drawn to it anyway... like you keep telling yourself not to look at the girls in the window on the swings, but you look anyway.

Darn our desires for the tabboo!!!
 
It seems the easy route for every firearms manufacturer to take now is to look at their existing catalog and see what they can slap a telescoping stock on and add a couple rails and call it "tactical".

I for one am dissapointed in this latest trend.
 

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
They can think outside the box, I like that. They have the resources, the means, the R&D, ideas, the shame of it is they are focusing it in the wrong areas. If they focused all their energy, resources and money in infrastructure…refining the good ideas they have out there, listen to customers problems and fix them I think they would up there with the most prestigious gun makers. You don’t figure out how to make a leaver action rifle a CQB weapon because there are so many choices way better suited for the job. Going with trends will make money to a certain extent but when you go too far it looks cheesy and sheepish, not cutting edge or “in front of the pack” but more of a money grab , but I might not be in the majority ….I never thought I would see so many people take zombie ammo seriously. In fact they are making it in 30-30 now so some bed wetter out there can’t wait to load it into this leaver action…
 

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Moderator
oli700 said:
They can think outside the box, I like that. They have the resources, the means, the R&D, ideas, the shame of it is they are focusing it in the wrong areas. If they focused all their energy, resources and money in infrastructure…refining the good ideas they have out there, listen to customers problems and fix them I think they would up there with the most prestigious gun makers.

I agree.

oli700 said:
You don’t figure out how to make a leaver action rifle a CQB weapon because there are so many choices way better suited for the job.

Completely agree!

oli700 said:
Going with trends will make money to a certain extent but when you go too far it looks cheesy and sheepish, not cutting edge or “in front of the pack” but more of a money grab , but I might not be in the majority ….I never thought I would see so many people take zombie ammo seriously. In fact they are making it in 30-30 now so some bed wetter out there can’t wait to load it into this leaver action…

I agree on the trends too. This is almost "over the cliff", or by some standards it may be already. This is a case of the tactical trend doing so well, OFM I guess spent no time or money in R&D in any other genre of firearms or on any new platforms. just use the same existing platforms (which all have their own merit) and tactify/zombify them.

I still feel dirty when I look at it. I wanna look at it. Then I shudder and curl up in a ball. :shock:
 

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Like a train wreck...you can’t look away. But seriously you like it because it shoots bullets. I want to shoot it too. Would I buy it ? No. Would I take it if I had to? Yes. Do I take serious? As a tool, no but I am sure it functions as a firearm. The chainsaw makes more since to me ,as much as people make fun of it, as a breaching tool at least it has a function and purpose .
 

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I would be interested in this for 1 single reason.

22LR and threaded barrel. IF it's threaded in the correct 1/2-28 tpi. And only because of being able to use it with my silencer.

But I would still then only want it with traditional wood furniture and threaded receiver for a scope. The furniture that is on it will prevent me from even considering something like that.

This tactical furniture stuff is just way over the top. Stuff like this is damaging to Mossberg's integrity. To be so far out of touch with the market concerns me more than a little.

This is really sad.

DHonovich, is there any way to ask mossberg if this would be available in 22LR with 1/2-28 threaded barrel and traditional wood furniture and threaded receiver for a scope.

Otherwise, I'm completely uninterested. It seems like a sure way to get put on California and New Yorks assault weapon list.
 
Top