• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: heat shield or no?

ZombieHunter, I don't know if there are any that will absolutely not move around but I know ATI has some really nice heat shields in many different finishes and so does Aimpro Tactical. Aimpro has shown to take a little time getting a hold of to make an order though. It's your choice ultimately and if one doesn't work as well, return it and get another! :D

My M500 w/
-Knoxx Compstock
-UTG rail
-Sightmark Mini Shot Green Dot

SAM_0181-1.jpg

SAM_0166.jpg

SAM_0167.jpg

SAM_0168.jpg

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

Just installed this stuff last night. Wont get to shoot this setup until 3 weeks when my ammo comes in.

Got enough Sharpies? :lol:

Very nice set up! The green dots looks to be pretty bug, but that could just be the camera too, never a bad thing though... Does it sit low enough to get a comfortable cheek weld?

Yeah, my wife has aton of markers. Yeah, it sits at a.perfect height for me. Plus I hear their is supposed to be alittle cheek slap on the stock due to the spring. So if that ends up being the case if I lift my cheek just alittle higher I wo.t have any trouble finding my target

ZombieHunterD said:
Yeah, my wife has aton of markers. Yeah, it sits at a.perfect height for me. Plus I hear their is supposed to be alittle cheek slap on the stock due to the spring. So if that ends up being the case if I lift my cheek just alittle higher I wo.t have any trouble finding my target

I don't understand... its suppose to slap you in the cheek? Or the Knox comp is known to slap you depending on whether someone uses proper shooting techniques?

I'm trying to find a better stock option to use with a MDRS. I've tried just about every half way decent MDRS from Sightmark all the way to Trijicon trying to find a quality one that is low profile enough to shoot properly & none have enabled me to get a really good cheek weld using my Speed Feed. Though they are higher I don't want a AR style stock, so I'm trying to find a traditional style stock with a higher Comb. Does the Knoxx Comp have a higher comb than the OFM or Speed Feed?

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent! I think with all those stocks that most people have initial cheek slap problems but you either grow to ignore it over time or learn to get a different weld that doesn't give you slap

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Check these out Jimmy...

Beartooth Comb Raising Kits

These kits are easy to adjust to fit your needs and are a cheaper alternative to replacing your stock...

Interesting find LES.. looks like a good way to do it.. Only down side for me is I use a buttstock adapter as my main sling point & run the other two sling points I use off of it. Any idea how I could manipulate that that thing to work with it? I came across the Monte Carlo Stock over @ Speed Feed but for some reason the page won't display right & it says nothing in the description about whether its made for the 870 or 590.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I run a Gen 1 SpecOps, one of the notorious cheek slappers, on my 590 and it's never given me problems.

Some folks forget that just 'cause it's got a recoil system doesn't mean that you don't have to control the shotgun like you would with any other stock. The cheek slap is the result of the stock's recoil spring pushing the weapon away from your shoulder on the return. As the stock separates from your shoulder and the front end drops under the weight of the barrel/mag tube, the stock rises up and smacks you in the face. This is 100% avoidable by tucking the stock firmly into your shoulder and applying constant pressure like you would with any other stock...

jimmycrackcorn said:
Any idea how I could manipulate that that thing to work with it?

The sleeve is neoprene, so it shouldn't be too difficult to cut/customize as needed...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I run a Gen 1 SpecOps, one of the notorious cheek slappers, on my 590 and it's never given me problems.

Some folks forget that just 'cause it's got a recoil system doesn't mean that you don't have to control the shotgun like you would with any other stock. The cheek slap is the result of the stock's recoil spring pushing the weapon away from your shoulder on the return. As the stock separates from your shoulder and the front end drops under the weight of the barrel/mag tube, the stock rises up and smacks you in the face. This is 100% avoidable by tucking the stock firmly into your shoulder and applying constant pressure like you would with any other stock...

Yeah now that I think about it.. doesn't the part that is attatched to the receiver come flying back towards your face while in that small guided track..? That's how it works right?

I can imagine a noob looking like he got caught up in a ''domestic'' after using one for the first time.. Haha!

jimmycrackcorn said:
Yeah now that I think about it.. doesn't the part that is attatched to the receiver come flying back towards your face while in that small guided track..? That's how it works right?

Yup, here's a pic...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
jimmycrackcorn said:
Any idea how I could manipulate that that thing to work with it?

The sleeve is neoprene, so it shouldn't be too difficult to cut/customize as needed...

I could always install one of those IWC Mount N' Slot Flush QD points & not have to do much manipulating @ all. Actually I think imma order me one of those Mount N' Slots tonight. Uncle Mikes came out with them too but I think they are pretty low quality so I'll stick with IWC.

jimmycrackcorn said:
I don't understand... its suppose to slap you in the cheek? Or the Knox comp is known to slap you depending on whether someone uses proper shooting techniques?

Im havent had the chance to try it out yet. Ive only read some people complain about it, and some people not experience it at all.
I do remember seeing a vid by nutnfancy i think his name is, reviewing the specs ops 1 stock, and he was complaining the whole vid about it. lol

ZombieHunterD said:
jimmycrackcorn said:

Im havent had the chance to try it out yet. Ive only read some people complain about it, and some people not experience it at all.
I do remember seeing a vid by nutnfancy i think his name is, reviewing the specs ops 1 stock, and he was complaining the whole vid about it. lol

What about the comb comparison on your comp vs OFM or speed feed?

Can't compare, my 500 was a jic, and the other shotguns I've shot have been 870s or 500s w/ spec ops or ATI pistol grips. Only standard stock I've used was on my dads benelli sbe.. no experience with the speed feed

ZombieHunterD said:
Can't compare, my 500 was a jic, and the other shotguns I've shot have been 870s or 500s w/ spec ops or ATI pistol grips. Only standard stock I've used was on my dads benelli sbe.. no experience with the speed feed

Cool MANG, thanks for dropping a line anyways dude!! Im happy to say, all that no longer matters anymore, not the but stock adapters, QD mounts, check risers & comb height...no nothing!! Why.... You might ask?? Cuz from what I just seen on another thread, Magpul finally came out with the SGA for the Mossberg! YAY!!! It's soooo eeefff'n ugly but so functional. Adjustable cheek riser, LOP & has sling points built in!! Finally someone thought outside the box on a Mossberg product!!! Watch... They'll be on back order just cuz because its the most functional for me! Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad I could be of no help, dont mention it. Lol well ill be looking forward to when you post up your setup. Is it in the works or they have them for sale?

jimmycrackcorn said:
000Buck said:
Yes I completley understand. Amazon has just screwed me way less than anyone else. And it was usually because the item came from a company selling through amazon. For anyone interested, Heres what I'm putting together, for what I feel is a pretty good price. For starters I have a 500 Persuader or Cruiser(tbh, I dont know the difference. Barrel length?) the newer model that has the parkerized 18.5 barrel, reciever, and heatshield. With the nice blued internal peices. (Curious to see how long that lasts)
Kept next to my bed with the pistol grip stock attached, breach open, safety off, 3 inch 000 Buckshot laying in the chamber, with a 3 inch slug and another 000 Buckshot ready for follow-up.

For my complete home defense setup these are my plans,

New magazine tube :cry:...stupid pinned forend.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BA ... EQYI4JDKSE

Mako Tri rail forend. I really like the quality of this company.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F0 ... PDKIKX0DER

Magpul angeled foregrip....Might leave this on for clay shooting as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003D2 ... PDKIKX0DER

Offset Rail mount for flashlight
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZY ... Z6Z4LCAKI5

Was considering this for a light. Reviews claim it to be quite durable.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00396 ... PDKIKX0DER

Hey OOOBuck,

Just thought I'd chime in here for ya & maybe avoid you some return shipping aggrivation.

Im not a guru by anymeans but,

I don't think the Streamlight you have selected there will work with that offset mount. Its too skinny. The mount states its for 1", the Streamlight is just over 3/4''. That streamlight model is more of a EDC pocket carry type of light. I have that exact offset, there's no making it smaller.

If your looking for cheap, any of the polytacs will most likely work or anything Surefire 6P size like the G2 nitrolon G2X or the 6P its self but Surefires are always more Skrilla. That 500lm Streamlight ProTac HL is a beast & a bargain for what it costs, it also has a 1''inch body. Also check OT Botach, got a email today & there blowing out some older Bayco Bright-Strike tac200's for $19, those are comparable in output to the Streamlight u have selected. They are basically a SF G2 knockoff.

Your correct, that Mako is a great forend, but the action tube your looking for is currently not available on Amazon. Check out Havlin Sales, you can find them in the vendor section. They are great, EXTREMELY knowledgeable & go way out of there way to get precise answers to you.

One more little thing i might mention is that the Magpul AFG1 you have in mind is a great forend addition but the generation 1 models have been known to not want to fit on certain trirails. You might want to check out the AFG2, its clearance tolerances are better. I have both & i know the gen 1 doesn't want to fit my awesome EGRO tri-rail (Thanks AK!!:cool:) but did fit my UTG tri-rail.

Like i said, im no guru... But I've returned ALOT of things due to variables that were afterthoughts. Damn I hate variables!!:lol:

I hope this is some helpful input for you.. Happy building OOOBuck!!

Well thank your sir, but everything just happened to work out. Except the flashlight. Ended up ordering a different one and didnt even bother to look at the size.....I blame the booze. I dont like returning things and Im never going to shoot my shotgun with the light on it unless its at a home invader so........

130306_0007.jpg

I raped the mount with a dremmel tool and bought longer screws. Going to take the rest of the paint off and smooth it out and re-paint it. I dont like returning things lol......

Anyways. Completed home defense setup.

130306_0008.jpg

And the incomplete clay shooting/turkey hunting/shooting stuff in the woods setup.
130306_0011.jpg

Complete will be minus the AFG and regular stock and plus this guy which is such a pain in the ass to find in stock in camo. Finally ordered straight from blackhawk and paid about 60 bucks more. But whatever, wasnt going to be able to get it anywhere else untill turkey season was over.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Talon- ... 14,165.htm

After this, Im buying a choke and IM DONE. No more shotgun accessories.

OH, and I have the 24 in vented all puprose barrel. Can a shoot slugs out of it?

Back