• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: ATI Deluxe Heat Shield confusion.......

Welcome aboard Kevin!

The 20" barrels do have the longer mag tubes, so it may not work. ATI is one of our site vendors and regularly answer questions around the forum. They will be able to give you a definitive answer...

LES is correct, unfortunately the Halo Heatshield will not work on that firearm.

Is there a heat shield that will work for my gun?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Re: Vertical ForeGrip

Itsricmo said:
I can recommend the ERGO Tri Rail forend and Magpul AFG :)

I have a Mossy 500 and want to use that exact same setup.

I have the 6 3/4" action slide tube and know that I need to get the SHORT Ergo forend, but do you remember if you had to use the Hogue adapter nut? Or was the forend a direct fit?

I've been reading about some guys not liking the AFG2 because the forward stop slams into their index fingers. Did you find the same? Did you have to adjust your grip?

One more thing... I see guys on YouTube recommending using the Ergo hand stop to rest their thumb against. Have you tried this?

Thanks for the help.

The Hogue Adapter nut is specifically for the Forends that are meant for the longer tubes.
However, it will not fit the ERGO for longer forend tubes.
If my memory serves me, the Mossberg OEM nut will fit on the slide fine with the ERGO Short forend.

Re: Laserlytle Tri-rail with a heat shield

I installed mine. It worked great with the provided screws. It also does not interfere with barrel switches, just pull the pump forward as you remove the barrel and do that in reverse when you put it on.

well, my very 1st mod on my Persuader (UTG rail) :lol:
next is ATI Talon Tactical stock w/c should be here soon.
9824379454_7f518c88eb_z.jpg

9824404135_c953dc0780_z.jpg

DHonovich said:
Laserlyte Shotgun Tri-Rail Mounting System
p687870204-3.jpg

p990340715-3.jpg

When looking for a picitinny rail mount for a Mossberg 500 with an 18.5 barrel and heat shield you will find that there are not a lot of options available. In my search I came across the laserlyte shotgun tri-rail mounting system for the Mossberg 500. What is nice about this piece is that it uses the same holes that mount the heat shield to also mount the picitanny rail mount. This allows you to keep your heat shield while adding a picitinny rail mount which is exactly what I was looking for. The picitinny rail mount installed within minutes with just two screws. The mount seems to be a very sturdy and quality piece but I have not put enough rounds through my Mossberg 500 with it mounted to confirm this. I have approximately 800 rounds through it so far and its holding up great. This may not be the best picitanny rail mount for your Mossberg 500 but it certainly is one of the best when you are in my position. I would highly recommend this mount but advise that if you don't need a heat shield there are plenty of other mounts that I would choose over this one.

Dan, What the exact model of this laserlyte tri-rail? - if you have it.
thanks

Charlie

Its here! I can't wait to install this bad boy :D
First impressions are good...packaging is superb and seems to be a quality product.
9857796536_582786d322_o.jpg

9857784624_5b1970b93c_o.jpg

9858061946_c953322e31_o.jpg

I love the ATI Talon system. With other tactical grip style stocks you have to completely remove it in order to remove the trigger group and break down the action to clean. With the Talon system you can easily remove the grip and stock at the dovetail adapter.

old mossy said:
I can see the big smile from here. :D
that smile is bigger now :lol:
here it is!
9902274405_967ed17a79_c.jpg

9885951634_6d70b784b9_c.jpg

9885919685_4270e7025c_c.jpg

before and after:
9902014836_8e3e99b4cb_c.jpg

some thoughts...
Installation is very easy and straightforward. Just follow the instructions and do not over tighten that torx bolt that came with it.
Being a left hand shooter, activating the slide release lever is not a problem for me. All I have to do is move my index finger back a little to reach it...very easy and fast! I can see how this becomes an extra step with right hand shooters. I had someone try it and he had to take his thumb off the the grip to reach the lever with his right middle finger. He has normal sized hands and it might be possible for someone with gigantic hands to reach the lever with thumb, but then again you only have to do this once. Safety- no way around it, gotta take your hand off the grip to reach it.
Overall I am very pleased with this mod. It might not be for everyone but its definitely for me. Hopefully it holds up for a long time.

VERY nice!

It's rare to see a company that puts that much effort into the packaging and presentation of their products, not to mention all the research and development. Congrats on the new set-up and hats off to ATI for another satisfied customer...

Looks awesome! Now I really can't wait for mine. Then to find out if I need to buy one of those nice slide lock release levers from shoten.

Looks nice. I just ordered the one with the aluminum upgrade package for my 590A1. Can't wait to get it and get it installed.

I am looking to order an adjustable stock but i want one the reduces recoil should i go with a knoxx or an ati I need it to have as little felt recoil as possible so that my wife can use it. Also im looking for a good forend with rails on the sides and bottom what a good on that i don't have to mod to make it work and wont break the bank?

I can't speak from experience, because its still on the UPS truck.. but a lot of people use and like the ati talon. I see the knoxx quite a bit as well, but in my research found more people recommended the ati.

Once you get the ati let me know what you think of if it really does help with felt recoil. I also hve been reading good review for the phoenix industries kick lite adjustable stock

Back