• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Here she be! :D

So after cycling this about 25-30 times I quickly realized that I'm going to need to throw some grip tape along the top sides of the forend due to the rail covering the texture that is already there. Not a huge deal just my hand starts slipping when sweaty. I threw some gloves on and had no issues. The rails being polymer ensure you're not going to cut yourself if your hand does slip, so that was another good thing to find out before heading to the field. Can't wait to get my AFG ordered and see how that works with this.

I think youll like the the AFG on there. It took me a few shots to get used to it, but once you make a couple adjustments its all good! The AFG works great with the push/pull method and it begins to feel natural in no time!

Wanted to get some opinions from you wise and all knowing MO.com members. :p I've known for a while I was going to do some sort of snake skin effect on my shotgun (and maybe my Glock lower to match), but this is where I'm stuck and you all come in. What are your thoughts on the following ideas.

Tactical Snakeskin
Base color:
dcc_t1.jpg

- This will be across the entire gun and between the 'scales' on the forend, stock and pistol grip.
Scale color:
dcc_t2.jpg

Scale highlight:
dcc_t10.jpg

Red Snakeskin
Base color:
dcc_04.jpg

- This will be across the entire gun and between the 'scales' on the forend, stock and pistol grip.
Scale color:
dcc_34.jpg

Scale highlight:
dcc_11.jpg

Gray Snakeskin
Base color:
dcc_04.jpg

Scale color:
dcc_42.jpg

Scale highlight:
dcc_47.jpg

I have some other schemes in mind as well, but we'd be here all day if I posted all of them. These are the top 3 contenders in my mind at the moment.

I like the first and third combinations. The red could be cool, just not my thing! ;)

Just read this whole thread...sounds like you had some A+ support from ATI !!

And the finished product turned out awesome...good job!

As far as the finish...I also think the third one, the Grey Snakeskin, would really look sharp !!

Thanks Shooter. Was deffinatly a fun project and I'm happy with the way it turned out. I over sanded one of the rails a little but when I put the AFG on you won't be able to tell.

As far as color selection, thanks all for the input. I was more leaning toward a black/gray combo since most of my hunting season is late fall or winter meaning snow. Plus, the urban look will go good with it being a HD as it's main role. I'll probably order up the colors in a few weeks and get painting. I'll have to be sure to take lots of pictures for the write up.

Here's something I threw together quick in Photoshop to give an idea of what it'd look like. What do you think?

GraySnake-1.jpg

Here's another example:

GraySnake-2.jpg

And a variation on 2:

GraySnake-3.jpg

After staring at these for a day I'm really diggin the looks of the 3rd one. The highlights add a nice touch. The first one is to plain.

GraySnake-3.jpg

I do like the one above...^^^...but with a muted background...in other words, not so sharp in detail. Softer...diffused...ya know!

That's just a side effect of doing it in Photoshop. I'm gonna paint one of my sons toy rifles with the pattern first to make sure I like it.

Here's the others. The tread got split onto a 3rd page >.<

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Here's something I threw together quick in Photoshop to give an idea of what it'd look like. What do you think?

GraySnake-1.jpg

Here's another example:

GraySnake-2.jpg

And a variation on 2:

GraySnake-3.jpg

I like these patterns alot!

I sometimes look at SnipersHide, there is a paint thread that is many many pages. There are quite a few on there with the snakeskin like paint. Looks real good!

First pattern reminds me of a Mojave Ball Python...

Mojaveballpython-1.jpg

Nature provides her creatures the best camo...

I was thinking about modeling one after one of my old snakes. This guy was my favorite of any of the snakes I've owned (used to breed them). He went every where with me.

deimossig.png

theotherwhitemeat.jpg

S6304973.jpg

Those are awesome!!! I love snakes!

Jenny has said she would trip the kids to run away from one, even itty bitty garter snakes.

But those look great and I see now where the red is comin from!

SHOOTER13 said:
He had two heads !!?? :shock:

:lol: No, that was a female snake we rescued. A local pet store had her and couldn't sell her because something was wrong with her back. It looked like she had a vertebra slipped out of place, but it was permanently like that. No one would buy her so they were going to put her down. We offered to take her. I had just started dating my wife and she was all crying about it possibly dying. She was temperamental when we first got her, but she warmed up to us and was just as docile as Deimos was.

Rossignol said:
Those are awesome!!! I love snakes!

Jenny has said she would trip the kids to run away from one, even itty bitty garter snakes.

But those look great and I see now where the red is comin from!

:lol: I used to get that reaction a lot. I walked into a local gas station one time and Deimos was wrapped around my neck tucked under my hoodie. As I was paying for my gas he popped his head out and the female clerk about had a heart attack. Good times.

Here's what I was thinking with the red:
RedSnake-1.jpg

Back