• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Predator 7.62 NATO Rifle

There does not seem to be much good information available for this rifle. I recently purchased one and have mixed feelings on the performance. It would be great to hear other opinions of this rifle. I've had mine at the range about five times and will post the results as soon as I get the time to put it all together.

Welcome aboard. I don't have that rifle but was interested in it. Please do post up your results. Without much information, perhaps you just need to find the ammo that it likes the best.

I first took mine to the range just to break in the barrel, cleaning after every shot. I was not really shooting for accuracy yet but my groups were in the 3" range at 100 yards (not good). when I got it home I noticed the action bolts were a bit loose. I was able to slightly move the action in the rifle for and aft about .020". This bothered me, so I placed a shim behind the recoil lug and that seemed to tighten things up.

After assembling the rifle, I removed the factory scope and noticed the bases were loose. I torqued the bases to spec, added steel millet rings, and mounted a Nikon pro-staff I had laying around. Now I was ready to get back to the range.

I sighted in with Winchester super X 150grn. Shooting off sand bags, my three groups were 1.5", 1.25", and .875" at 100 yards. Then I tried Federal premium 168gn BTMK they came in around 1.5". Next was Federal XM80CL at 1". The last bullet I tried was some Walmart $12.00 a box crap, these were around 6".

What surprised me the most was the Winchester 150's (I zeroed with these) were shooting just about center, the Federal 168's shot about 1" high and 2" right, the XM80CL shot about 2" high and 2" left. It seemed strange that the groups were that far apart.

I did manage to get the gun out this past weekend and set up targets at 350 yards. There was a light rain and I was just shooting off a bi-pod (did not have sand bags). my best group was about 5" with the XM80CL ammo (That's all I had with me). I plan to get out again this weekend at 350 yards and try to get a bit more serious.

It would be great to see what kind of accuracy other people are getting with this rifle.

Back