• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

Glad to be of service Sir.

Looking forward to your pics and a range report once you've had a chance to send a few rounds down the barrel...

Got my 715T flat top with the Barska red dot just after Christmas and finally had a chance to take it out about a week ago. Out of the box, the mag was stiff and like others reported, it didn't want to take all 25 easily. After finally loading the clip with CCI Velocitors, I was able to start shooting. It took less than a dozen shots to get it dialed in. I have to say that this thing is a lot of fun to shoot. I ran 250 rounds through it with only 1 FTE. The Barska sight is ok for the price. The brightness needs to be turned almost all the way up in full sunlight, but is clearly visible. It's totally stock right now, but I plan on adding a few tacti-cool items soon. All in all I'm very satisfied with this little plinker and can't wait to use it on the local squirrel population!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359911516.054682.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359911516.054682.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 396
Great to hear some good news. Glad you are happy with it....

Just picked mine up last week, loving it. Had some problems at the range today [ended up being the plastic piece behind the spring and it was preventing the action from opening all of the way... . painted it tonight, liking this gun. 4 different colors, last with texture for added grip. Pressure light, red dot, foregrip adjustable.

Attachments

• 2013-02-03 20.59.37.jpg
    2013-02-03 20.59.37.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 361
  • 2013-02-03 20.58.00.jpg
    2013-02-03 20.58.00.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 361
Picked up a 715T with carry handle yesterday and look forward to trying it out. Stopped by a friends Saturday and he showed me his that he just picked up. Stopped in Gander Mountain not expecting them to have any but they did. Been a number of years since I did any shooting and thought this would be a fun gun to have. Look forward to learning from those on hear. Now if I could just find some ammo and additional mags.

Got myself a Plinker!

I went to a local gun show a few days ago and started looking at AR .223's. Since Obama has another 4 years and a ban on high capacity clips/mags is inevitable -- with a possible near-future ban on AR's as well -- I thought I might add an AR to my fairly small gun collection. At least that was the thought until I saw how stinkin expensive they are -- out of my price-range. So I got looking around the show and came across some .22 AR style rifles. I've always loved the AR look so I bought myself a new 715T flat-top w/sites that came with a 25 round mag -- and the price was a whole lot better than a .223 even though my 715T is only a plinker. Our family has a cabin in the mountains of Utah with a lot of open space to hunt varmints and target shoot cans, bottles, watermelons, pumpkins, and other assorted large fruits and vegetables. I buy my sons (ages 20, 17 & 10) .22 riffles when they turn 16 but my own .22 is a 40 year-old untrustworthy Browning lever-action. So, as of last Saturday, I now have an AR plinker to shoot alongside my sons instead of shooting expensive 9mm and .45 rounds. I just ordered two 25 round mags from Mossberg that I was told not to expect until April, but I'm fine with that. Can't wait to get to a range with my guys and put a bunch of holes in some paper.

Congrats on the new rifle and good luck finding ammo and mags.

Your best bet for mags is to call Mossberg and order directly from them...

(800) 363-3555

They're on a 6-8 week wait right now, but it'd be a good idea to go ahead and get in line...

FL715T said:
Picked up a 715T with carry handle yesterday and look forward to trying it out. Stopped by a friends Saturday and he showed me his that he just picked up. Stopped in Gander Mountain not expecting them to have any but they did. Been a number of years since I did any shooting and thought this would be a fun gun to have. Look forward to learning from those on hear. Now if I could just find some ammo and additional mags.
Cograts on your purchase.Mags will be a wait,but if you are persistant,you'll find some ammo.

Re: Got myself a Plinker!

Zell said:
I went to a local gun show a few days ago and started looking at AR .223's. Since Obama has another 4 years and a ban on high capacity clips/mags is inevitable -- with a possible near-future ban on AR's as well -- I thought I might add an AR to my fairly small gun collection. At least that was the thought until I saw how stinkin expensive they are -- out of my price-range. So I got looking around the show and came across some .22 AR style rifles. I've always loved the AR look so I bought myself a new 715T flat-top w/sites that came with a 25 round mag -- and the price was a whole lot better than a .223 even though my 715T is only a plinker. Our family has a cabin in the mountains of Utah with a lot of open space to hunt varmints and target shoot cans, bottles, watermelons, pumpkins, and other assorted large fruits and vegetables. I buy my sons (ages 20, 17 & 10) .22 riffles when they turn 16 but my own .22 is a 40 year-old untrustworthy Browning lever-action. So, as of last Saturday, I now have an AR plinker to shoot alongside my sons instead of shooting expensive 9mm and .45 rounds. I just ordered two 25 round mags from Mossberg that I was told not to expect until April, but I'm fine with that. Can't wait to get to a range with my guys and put a bunch of holes in some paper.
Mountains of Utah,a new 715,shootin' with the boys,,,,,,,,sounds like fun to me!

nctrailboss said:
Cograts on your purchase.Mags will be a wait,but if you are persistant,you'll find some ammo.
Thanks, I am really looking forward to getting to the range with it. I did pick up some ammo at Gander Mountain when I got the rifle but it was expensive so didn't get much. Think I will call Mossberg and order a couple of clips from them. Better to get on the list now and if I find some sooner I can sell them to my buddy that introduced me to the 715. Guess it's time to go do my daily ammo search :D

FL715T said:
nctrailboss said:
Thanks, I am really looking forward to getting to the range with it. I did pick up some ammo at Gander Mountain when I got the rifle but it was expensive so didn't get much. Think I will call Mossberg and order a couple of clips from them. Better to get on the list now and if I find some sooner I can sell them to my buddy that introduced me to the 715. Guess it's time to go do my daily ammo search :D
You can make a sport of finding 22lr ammo. :lol: Cabellas had 10000 boxes of federal 325 in stock yesterday.It was all gone by 11pm.I got lucky and snagged 6 boxes at 10:25pm,guy said there was about 100 left at that point.Fair price too,15.99 a box.He told me one order was for 100 boxes. :shock:

New owner. Put my name on a list Sunday night at Walmart. Monday afternoon they called and they got ONE in that day. 24 hour wait, not bad! $229. Itching to try it out. I'll be looking for extra mags this weekend. I work at CCI, good to hear all the positives about our ammo. Poking around on amazon and eBay a bit. Looks like amazon will be my new best friend.

Welcome aboard Sir and congrats on the new rifle!

When it comes to .22lr ammo there's CCI, and then there's everything else. You guys are definitely doing things right up there. Looking forward to seeing you around the site...

dtaylor said:
New owner. Put my name on a list Sunday night at Walmart. Monday afternoon they called and they got ONE in that day. 24 hour wait, not bad! $229. Itching to try it out. I'll be looking for extra mags this weekend. I work at CCI, good to hear all the positives about our ammo. Poking around on amazon and eBay a bit. Looks like amazon will be my new best friend.
Good catch there!You're gonna like that puppy.Thanks for your work at CCI, the 715's love the stuff.

Back