• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossy 5500 MKII Auto

MossyMilDot

.270 WIN
I like my simple light weight Mossy 5500 MKII 12GA auto. :D Only thing I do not like is the green o-ring that they use (seems like the weak link). :cry:

Is it possible to replace the old O-ring for some sort of stronger O-ring made from a newer material? lol

Itsricmo said:
Is it possible to replace the old O-ring for some sort of stronger O-ring made from a newer material? lol

I agree, I wish there was a better one to last forever.

My green o-ring that first came from Mossberg was in pieces after being on the shotgun for 20-years. I never shot it, but time and age destroyed the green o-ring if you ask me.

Last month got a package of 10 black O-ring about the same size from the Home Depot plumbing deptartment for $2.00 (very cheap substitute). I have only put 3 boxes of target grade #8 shot with the first replacement plumbing black 0-ring so far and no issues. It still looks like new.

I did order one of the O-ring ($2 each) and they were made as a replacement by Havlin Sales below (color is brown). She was very nice and great to ask questions.
http://havlinsales.com/

Back