• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP AFTER A MONTH

locompression

Copper BB
I have had mine for a month now & have taken it to the range 3 times. Just lke the other posting, I found the bolt to be a tad tight, but it was a new piece and had to be broken in.

On mine I installed an 8x32x44 scope; bore sighted same and went to the range; at 100yds, I was on the bull with a total of 6 rounds, using Win 55gr factory ammo... Not being alone, I was not able to completely sight it in at 200 & 300yds...

On the 2nd visit, I had decided to use my reloads, for which I used IMR 4198 & 40/55gr Hornady SP & Vmax. Prior to going I had decided to put a bipod on it & chose a Winchester. I shot only the 200 & 300yds distances; unfortunately I chose a day when the winds were up again, with gusts... The rifle performed very well, considering the wind and I had some nice shots at both distances...

Last week, I went out again, concentrating on shooting the 55gr fmj at 200yds & the 45gr jhp at 300yds. Again the rifle performed real well; I shot the 200yd target w/o adjusting the scope, as I was more interested in the 300yd target... On my last clip of 8, at 300yds 4 were in the bull; 1 almost dead center & the other 3 making a nice 2 inch group; the other 4 were right outside the 3 inch bull...

Have run about 200 rounds through it and have no complaints...Bottom line, is that this rifle can shoot; I suggest using a bipod, as I have tried it both ways. Mossberg made quite a rifle, I would recommend it to anyone... I picked up a few clips from Cheaper Than Dirt, based in Texas; if you buy some, get the clips with the anti-tilt follower... By the way, the clips work fine...
Locompression

@Locompression

So you're from PA you have a MVP and you know where a 300 yard range is... Please tell me you live somewhere close to me!

rjpoog1989 said:
@Locompression

So you're from PA you have a MVP and you know where a 300 yard range is... Please tell me you live somewhere close to me!

Yea...do tell !! :cool:

There is a 500 yard range on Route 22 between Ebensburg and Pittsburgh. It's $15 membership from Jackson Sportsmans Club and is right down from the State Game Lands entrance for Dishong Mountain.

That's where I shoot my .308! Good Gong shootin' :)

I am actually waiting for my Key to the gate now! Once I get my key I can get the number for you too call! I went with a friend and he is the one getting me in lol I don't have the contacts yet... YET!!

Just checking in to see how your Mossberg MVP is doing after a few more months of ownership?

I'm only just seein this, thanks for the early range report!

I like these rifle but am kind torn for a couple reasons, even so its a contender for future purchase!

Back