• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MVP Patrol Peep Sight options with Quick Detach Optic?

Doc7

Copper BB
Does anyone know if there is a recommended method to installing a rear peep sight on the MVP Patrol rifle, possible replacing the front sight with a post, and also having a quick detach optic installed?

The sights do NOT necessarily need to be "Co Witnessed" (meaning I understand my cheek weld may change if I remove the optic and use the irons). I am looking to use it with the scope (or Red Dot) and quick-detach it and switch to using it with the peeps. For example showing new shooters how both sighting systems work.

Most of the scope mounts I see on MVP Patrol image searches show a scope that would interfere with a rear peep sight so I would need a forward mounted scope and/or red dot.

Please let me know if anyone has done this.

Thank you!

I have a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44 on UTG QD medium rings and i have just BARELY enough room in front of the rear sight.

You need to use a scope small enough to leave room for one. Find one that at will mount behind the scope. A 3x9 might work out if a short tactile AR type scope.

Back