• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

National Vietnam Veterans Day - NEED YOUR HELP

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
Vietnam Veterans Day is annually observed on March 29. It commemorates the hardships suffered and sacrifices made by nine million Americans during the Vietnam War from November 1, 1955, to April 30, 1975. However, the holiday does not only honor the former soldiers but also their families who supported them before and after the war.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump formally signed the Vietnam War Veterans Recognition Act of 2017 as a law designated for the celebration of National Vietnam Veterans Day on March 29 every year.

I'm posting this early because we need your help. Over the last couple of weeks I've talked to several Vietnam veterans who didn't even know there was a National Recognition Day. If you have family members, relatives, or friends that served during this time period please make sure they know about this national holiday in their honor and please say Thanks and Welcome Home.

The post below depicts just a little of what the returning Vietnam Veterans have gone through. The 60s and 70s were trying times in American. These men and women were the forgotten heros and so many are still suffering today.

Bless all our veteran brothers and sisters.Wh20d.jpg

I hadn't known about this day until I saw it on my Wounded Warriors calendar. The media mostly ignores it.

When my son in law came back from a tour in Iraq, I commented on how they all deserve parades and recognition. When we came back, they didn't throw confetti - they threw rocks.

Husker88, there are so many Vietnam Veterans still suffering the ill effects of the war that have just given up on getting any help. And we have so many homeless veterans. When returning in the 60s and 70s, beyond being met by an angry and resentful public, vets got no support from the government, especially the VA. Most of the ones who were drafted were basically given their discharge papers upon landing back in the states and offered nothing. And years later when many of us retired from the military I know of no one who went to the VA after retirement for help becasue of the earlier total lack of support by the governemnt. Those suffering from agent orange got no coverage given that for years the government denied that AO had any ill impacts on soilders. Back then many were and still are suffering with the impacts of combat or as it's known today as PTSD. And we were all told not to worry, it will go away. It didn't and hasn't. Think about soilders who have been suffering for five plus decades since the 1960s and 1970s!

The first time there was any "healing" among most Vietnam Veterans was in 1984 when the Vietnam Unknown was buried in Arlington. Many veterans, until that time, had never gone to The Wall and had no plans to. Thankfully things have changed somewhat and The Wall is visited by old veterans and more importantly their families. Unfortunately, we are losing over 300 Vietnam Veterans a day. The majority of us are in our 70s, 80s,and 90s today.

I suspect, like in past years, March 29th will come and go without any national recognition by the government or the public. Just another day.

Bless all our brothers and sisters who served the Republic.

Regards

Last edited:
Good video. They will never get enough recognition for everything that they did. I'd love to be able to thank the medics that I never got to thank.

Rant on behalf of all the veterans who are members here including family members of our younger members who served during Vietnam or other conflicts.

Yesterday, March 29th, was a National Holiday to recognize all Vietnam Era Veterans who served during the 20 years war. And as expected, there was no national level press coverage, no Congressional recognization and no White House proclamation.

Just reminds all of us that the veterans who served during the Vietnam War remain forgotten by the majotrity of Americans. A sad state of affairs in America.

But the White House did release a proclamation on March 29th. I hope all of you will read it and remember.

1711811524528.png

Just when I thought that bastard could not stoop any lower. He and his cult really are controlled by evil forces. I though they were just marxists, but it goes way beyond that.

What about the violence against Americans by the unclean hordes from south of the border? Truly an international crowd - all funneled through his sanctioned openings in the southern border.

I know the telling of war stories can be a touchy subject for many different reasons...if either of you or any vet wants to share their experiences here at MO I'm sure there are many who would be very interested to hear and some who could benefit from them. And, not just what happened on the battlefield, but what happened to you before and after.

I worked with a Vietnam vet and he had moved to Canada to get married after returning from two or three tours. I worked closely with him on the nightshift for a few years and we became fast friends. He wore his Marine Corps EGA on the collar of his jean jacket faithfully. After many, many months I mustered the courage to ask him what it was like for him over there...he didn't say much. It took many more months to drag stories out of him...I told him it was only if he wanted to and I'd promise not to share unless he wanted that also.

He finally told me things that nearly fried my brains. Not only that but he shared a personal tragedy that happened just after returning home and then rejoining with his bride to be. I had nothing but admiration and compassion for that ol' warrior.

Cal, my focus for about the last thirty years, including the time I've been a member of this forum, has been to try and preserve the memory and dignity of the men and women who served during the Vietnam era. And it doesn't matter if they were actually in Southeast Asia or stationed around the world. They all served our Republic during this era and deserve the thanks they never got back then when they returned home.

And the treatment they received back in those days likely contributes to the reluctance many still have today to openly discuss things that happened during the war. I know veterans who, to this day, have not even discussed the war with their families, including their spouses and children. And that's more common than most folks likely believe.

Plus many, who truely saw the horrors of war, don't even discuss these operations with fellow veterans. Plus there are others, who were members of MAC V SOG, who were prohibited from discussing these classified operations even after the war. These operations remained classified until the 1990s when they were leaked to the public.

But more importantly, as demonstrated by the government's and the public's lack of acknowledgement of the recent March 29, Vietnam Veterans Day, many veterans from this era remain forgotten and still suffer from medical and psychological issues including Agent Orange.

We have many veterans on this forum, including many who served in more recent conflicts around the world plus others who are still in the military today. I just want to say thanks to all of you and ask that everyone please never forget your fellow brothers and sisters who served our Republic with Honor.

Bless you all!

Regards

I hope each of you who reads this will take the time to watch this recent video. It presents the facts about the Vietnam War.

100% accurate. It's unfortunate that this will never see the light of day on network TV or cable.

Back