• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Member And New Shotgun Owner From Cali

K3Man

Howdy All,

I've been lurking on the site for a few weeks and just pulled the trigger (Haw!) on the purchase of my first shotgun. I purchased a Mariner 590, new. I'm still in the 10/11 day waiting period for the gun and am reading up on all the outstanding advice given by members here.

I inspected the gun at the store and did notice that it was covered with black smudges on the Marinecoat finish on the receiver but I assume that is just production/packaging remnants that can be easily cleaned off.

I've actually fired several guns before but have never cared for one long-term so it will be new for me. This gun will be primarily for HD but I do plan on breaking the gun in at the range and for recreational shooting (read: out in the desert, shooting, etc).

Anyhow, it's great to see all the interest and the knowledge from all the members and I can't wait to break in my new Mariner.

:D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Congratulations on your new Mossberg 590 mariner. Feel free to post up any and all questions you may have.

Good to have you on, and glad we have been helpful to you already!!!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum K3Man !!

Congrats on the new Mariner 590...please post some pics when you finally get your hands on her !

Welcome to the club! Glad to have you here. Let us know how you like the mariner when you get it. Have you purchased anything to keep it clean? Or a case and trigger lock? Definitely look into those.
Cheers!

We're always glad to see new responsible gun owners.

A shotgun is arguably one of the most versatile and powerful weapons made today.

Welcome aboard!

You certainly have nice taste in guns! I've been wanting to add a 590 Mariner to the collection for a while now. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any firearms you own the various sub-forums. Let us know if you have any questions.

BTW, I had a ton of those black smudges all over my 590a1 straight outta the box, but they came off very easily with my favorite go-to Birchwood Casey "lead remover" cloth. This cloth thoroughly cleans just about anything and leaves you with a noce polish, especially on stainless steel.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product ... s_id=30795

Enjoy the site!

Hey...welcome back Sniper !! Haven't seen ya in a couple days...

Haha thanks Shooter,

I'm on the road workin out in Vegas since Monday, been put'n in some 15hr days. Headed back to the homestead tomorrow morning.

ripjack13 said:
Welcome to the club! Glad to have you here. Let us know how you like the mariner when you get it. Have you purchased anything to keep it clean? Or a case and trigger lock? Definitely look into those.
Cheers!

Thanks, ripjack13 (And Everyone! :D ).

No, I haven't yet purchased anything to clean it. I've got a neighbor promising to take me to a local gun shop so I'll probably pick up some cleaning supplies there. No plans yet for a case and for the time being I'll probably get a simple (and cheap) cloth carrying bag/case. I'm trying to save up the $$$ to buy some shells so I can actually use the gun too. Haha. It's turning into an expensive month so I might just be admiring the gun on the floor for a week or tw-.. three. :(

All that being said, I'm so looking forward to Sunday when I can go pick it up.

And I will certainly take some pictures and put them up. :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!
BTW, I had a ton of those black smudges all over my 590a1 straight outta the box, but they came off very easily with my favorite go-to Birchwood Casey "lead remover" cloth. This cloth thoroughly cleans just about anything and leaves you with a noce polish, especially on stainless steel.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product ... s_id=30795

Enjoy the site!

Awesome! Thank you for that suggestion.

And indeed, have a safe trip home.

Ripsnortr said:
Welcome aboard! Congrats on your first! Look forward to some pics when you get it home!

Here are a few of the happy homecoming day! ---> http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?p=21229#p21229

I've taken it out shooting in the desert once already using just some Remington Target/Game shells that I picked up a BassPro. Turns out I'm pretty good at hitting clay pidgeons! Of the ten my friend slung up into the air for me, I hit 6! And that was my first time shooting a shotgun. We had to pack it in early, unfortunately due to wind and thunderstorms but we had a great time with my new 590 and I'm looking forward to many more opportunities to take it out and shoot with it.

:D :D :D

Congrats K3Man,

Looks like you had a great first day out. I know you're itching to get back out there with it!

Good shooting. Congrats on the day well spent.

Back